A clonotypic Vγ4Jγ1/Vδ5Dδ2Jδ1 innate γδ T-cell population restricted to the CCR6⁺CD27⁻ subset.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHere we investigate the TCR repertoire of mouse Vγ4(+) γδ T cells in correlation with their developmental origin and homeostasis. By deep sequencing we identify a high frequency of straight Vδ5Dδ2Jδ1 germline rearrangements without P- and N-nucleotides within the otherwise highly diverse Trd repertoire of Vγ4(+) cells. This sequence is infrequent in CCR6(-)CD27(+) cells, but abundant among CCR6(+)CD27(-) γδ T cells. Using an inducible Rag1 knock-in mouse model, we show that γδ T cells generated in the adult thymus rarely contain this germline-rearranged Vδ5Dδ2Jδ1 sequence, confirming its fetal origin. Single-cell analysis and deep sequencing of the Trg locus reveal a dominant CDR3 junctional motif that completes the TCR repertoire of invariant Vγ4(+)Vδ5(+) cells. In conclusion, this study identifies an innate subset of fetal thymus-derived γδ T cells with an invariant Vγ4(+)Vδ5(+) TCR that is restricted to the CCR6(+)CD27(-) subset of γδ T cells.
CitationA clonotypic Vγ4Jγ1/Vδ5Dδ2Jδ1 innate γδ T-cell population restricted to the CCR6⁺CD27⁻ subset. 2015, 6:6477 Nat Commun
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- CCR6 and NK1.1 distinguish between IL-17A and IFN-gamma-producing gammadelta effector T cells.
- Authors: Haas JD, González FH, Schmitz S, Chennupati V, Föhse L, Kremmer E, Förster R, Prinz I
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Development of interleukin-17-producing γδ T cells is restricted to a functional embryonic wave.
- Authors: Haas JD, Ravens S, Düber S, Sandrock I, Oberdörfer L, Kashani E, Chennupati V, Föhse L, Naumann R, Weiss S, Krueger A, Förster R, Prinz I
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 27
- Critical role of TCR specificity in the development of Vγ1Vδ6.3+ innate NKTγδ cells.
- Authors: Pereira P, Berthault C, Burlen-Defranoux O, Boucontet L
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 15
- Murine CD27(-) Vγ6(+) γδ T cells producing IL-17A promote ovarian cancer growth via mobilization of protumor small peritoneal macrophages.
- Authors: Rei M, Gonçalves-Sousa N, Lança T, Thompson RG, Mensurado S, Balkwill FR, Kulbe H, Pennington DJ, Silva-Santos B
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 26
- Restricted gammadelta T-cell receptor repertoire in IgA nephropathy renal biopsies.
- Authors: Wu H, Clarkson AR, Knight JF
- Issue date: 2001 Oct