Structural and functional features of self-assembling protein nanoparticles produced in endotoxin-free Escherichia coli.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Céspedes, María Virtudes
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractProduction of recombinant drugs in process-friendly endotoxin-free bacterial factories targets to a lessened complexity of the purification process combined with minimized biological hazards during product application. The development of nanostructured recombinant materials in innovative nanomedical activities expands such a need beyond plain functional polypeptides to complex protein assemblies. While Escherichia coli has been recently modified for the production of endotoxin-free proteins, no data has been so far recorded regarding how the system performs in the fabrication of smart nanostructured materials.
CitationStructural and functional features of self-assembling protein nanoparticles produced in endotoxin-free Escherichia coli. 2016, 15 (1):59 Microb. Cell Fact.
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalMicrobial cell factories
The following license files are associated with this item:
- CXCR4(+)-targeted protein nanoparticles produced in the food-grade bacterium Lactococcus lactis.
- Authors: Cano-Garrido O, Céspedes MV, Unzueta U, Saccardo P, Roldán M, Sánchez-Chardi A, Cubarsi R, Vázquez E, Mangues R, García-Fruitós E, Villaverde A
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- In vivo architectonic stability of fully de novo designed protein-only nanoparticles.
- Authors: Céspedes MV, Unzueta U, Tatkiewicz W, Sánchez-Chardi A, Conchillo-Solé O, Álamo P, Xu Z, Casanova I, Corchero JL, Pesarrodona M, Cedano J, Daura X, Ratera I, Veciana J, Ferrer-Miralles N, Vazquez E, Villaverde A, Mangues R
- Issue date: 2014 May 27
- Conformational and functional variants of CD44-targeted protein nanoparticles bio-produced in bacteria.
- Authors: Pesarrodona M, Fernández Y, Foradada L, Sánchez-Chardi A, Conchillo-Solé O, Unzueta U, Xu Z, Roldán M, Villegas S, Ferrer-Miralles N, Schwartz S Jr, Rinas U, Daura X, Abasolo I, Vázquez E, Villaverde A
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 14
- Production of functional inclusion bodies in endotoxin-free Escherichia coli.
- Authors: Rueda F, Cano-Garrido O, Mamat U, Wilke K, Seras-Franzoso J, García-Fruitós E, Villaverde A
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Intrinsic functional and architectonic heterogeneity of tumor-targeted protein nanoparticles.
- Authors: Pesarrodona M, Crosas E, Cubarsi R, Sánchez-Chardi A, Saccardo P, Unzueta U, Rueda F, Sanchez-García L, Serna N, Mangues R, Ferrer-Miralles N, Vázquez E, Villaverde A
- Issue date: 2017 May 18