Real-life practice of methotrexate toxicity monitoring in juvenile idiopathic arthritis in Germany, Switzerland and Austria: results of a cross-sectional assessment conducted in 2012.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMethotrexate (MTX) is used at low doses to treat rheumatologic disorders in the paediatric age group. Toxicity is observed despite the low doses used. Even though recommendations for monitoring of early signs of toxicity exist in many countries, real-life practice may vary. We therefore assessed current practice in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
CitationReal-life practice of methotrexate toxicity monitoring in juvenile idiopathic arthritis in Germany, Switzerland and Austria: results of a cross-sectional assessment conducted in 2012., 34 (3):548-53 Clin. Exp. Rheumatol.
AffiliationTWINCORE Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research Feodor-Lynen-Str. 7 30625 Hannover, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Methotrexate efficacy, but not its intolerance, is associated with the dose and route of administration.
- Authors: Fráňová J, Fingerhutová Š, Kobrová K, Srp R, Němcová D, Hoza J, Uher M, Saifridová M, Linková L, Doležalová P
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 14
- Evidence-based use of methotrexate in children with rheumatic diseases: a consensus statement of the Working Groups Pediatric Rheumatology Germany (AGKJR) and Pediatric Rheumatology Austria.
- Authors: Niehues T, Horneff G, Michels H, Höck MS, Schuchmann L, Working Groups Pediatric Rheumatology Germany (AGKJR)., Pediatric Rheumatology Austria.
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Uveitis Events During Adalimumab, Etanercept, and Methotrexate Therapy in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: Data From the Biologics in Pediatric Rheumatology Registry.
- Authors: Foeldvari I, Becker I, Horneff G
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- British isles survey of methotrexate monitoring practice during treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Authors: Hawley DP, Camina N, Rangaraj S
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Safety of less frequent monitoring of liver transaminases levels in rheumatic patients treated with low-dose methotrexate.
- Authors: Khabbazi A, Kolahi S, Dastgiri S, Hajialiloo M, Nazeri M, Nazeri L, Sheikholeslami Salmasi A, Gader S, Bak Mohammad Zadeh S, Ghasemi A, Poormohammad A
- Issue date: 2014 Jul