Characterization of Five Zoonotic Streptococcus suis Strains from Germany, Including One Isolate from a Recent Fatal Case of Streptococcal Toxic Shock-Like Syndrome in a Hunter.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Hossain, Hamid M
Baums, Christoph Georg
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Streptococcus suis isolate from a German hunter with streptococcal toxic shock-like syndrome (STSLS) and four additional zoonotic isolates were genotyped as mrp(+) epf* (variant 1890) sly(+) cps2(+). All five zoonotic German strains were characterized by high multiplication in human blood samples ex vivo, but induction of only low levels of proinflammatory cytokines compared to a Chinese STSLS strain.
CitationCharacterization of Five Zoonotic Streptococcus suis Strains from Germany, Including One Isolate from a Recent Fatal Case of Streptococcal Toxic Shock-Like Syndrome in a Hunter. 2015, 53 (12):3912-5 J. Clin. Microbiol.
AffiliationInfectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, University Leipzig, Leipzig.
JournalJournal of clinical microbiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Prevalence of Streptococcus suis genotypes in wild boars of Northwestern Germany.
- Authors: Baums CG, Verkühlen GJ, Rehm T, Silva LM, Beyerbach M, Pohlmeyer K, Valentin-Weigand P
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Virulence-associated gene profiling of Streptococcus suis isolates by PCR.
- Authors: Silva LM, Baums CG, Rehm T, Wisselink HJ, Goethe R, Valentin-Weigand P
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 15
- Characterization of Streptococcus suis isolates from the diseased pigs in China between 2003 and 2007.
- Authors: Wei Z, Li R, Zhang A, He H, Hua Y, Xia J, Cai X, Chen H, Jin M
- Issue date: 2009 May 28
- [An outbreak of human Streptococcus suis serotype 2 infections presenting with toxic shock syndrome in Sichuan, China].
- Authors: Yang WZ, Yu HJ, Jing HQ, Xu JG, Chen ZH, Zhu XP, Wang H, Liu XC, Wang SW, Liu LG, Zu RQ, Luo LZ, Xiang NJ, Liu HL, Zhong WJ, Liu L, Meng L, Yuan H, Gao YJ, DU HM, Ou YB, Ye CY, Jin D, Lv Q, Cui ZG, Huang Y, Zhang SY, An XD, Huang T, Zhou XY, Feng L, Pang QD, Shu YL, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Exacerbated type II interferon response drives hypervirulence and toxic shock by an emergent epidemic strain of Streptococcus suis.
- Authors: Lachance C, Gottschalk M, Gerber PP, Lemire P, Xu J, Segura M
- Issue date: 2013 Jun