Acute and chronic infections with nonprimate hepacivirus in young horses.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Cavalleri, Jessika M V
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe recently discovered nonprimate hepacivirus (NPHV) naturally infects horses and is the closest known homolog of hepatitis C virus to date. Within a follow-up study acute field infections were monitored in four young Thoroughbred horses until the ages of 12-13 months. Serum samples were analyzed for the presence of NPHV RNA and anti-NPHV NS3 antibodies and liver specific parameters were evaluated. The four young horses were not able to clear infection, but remained chronically infected for the entire monitored time period despite the presence of NPHV specific antibodies.
CitationAcute and chronic infections with nonprimate hepacivirus in young horses. 2016, 47 (1):97 Vet. Res.
AffiliationTwincore Centre of Experimental and Clinical Infection Research; a joint venture between the Hannover Medical School and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Hannover 30625, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Frequent occurrence of nonprimate hepacivirus infections in Thoroughbred breeding horses - A cross-sectional study for the occurrence of infections and potential risk factors.
- Authors: Reichert C, Campe A, Walter S, Pfaender S, Welsch K, Ruddat I, Sieme H, Feige K, Steinmann E, Cavalleri JMV
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Clinical course of infection and viral tissue tropism of hepatitis C virus-like nonprimate hepaciviruses in horses.
- Authors: Pfaender S, Cavalleri JM, Walter S, Doerrbecker J, Campana B, Brown RJ, Burbelo PD, Postel A, Hahn K, Anggakusuma, Riebesehl N, Baumgärtner W, Becher P, Heim MH, Pietschmann T, Feige K, Steinmann E
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Genetic and serological surveillance for non-primate hepacivirus in horses in Japan.
- Authors: Matsuu A, Hobo S, Ando K, Sanekata T, Sato F, Endo Y, Amaya T, Osaki T, Horie M, Masatani T, Ozawa M, Tsukiyama-Kohara K
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 30
- Vertical transmission of hepatitis C virus-like non-primate hepacivirus in horses.
- Authors: Gather T, Walter S, Todt D, Pfaender S, Brown RJP, Postel A, Becher P, Moritz A, Hansmann F, Baumgaertner W, Feige K, Steinmann E, Cavalleri JV
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Characterization of nonprimate hepacivirus and construction of a functional molecular clone.
- Authors: Scheel TK, Kapoor A, Nishiuchi E, Brock KV, Yu Y, Andrus L, Gu M, Renshaw RW, Dubovi EJ, McDonough SP, Van de Walle GR, Lipkin WI, Divers TJ, Tennant BC, Rice CM
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 17