SAR studies on hydropentalene derivatives--Important core units of biologically active tetramic acid macrolactams and ptychanolides.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStructurally diverse bicyclo[3.3.0]octanes were prepared and tested for their biological activity. Both the antiproliferative activity and the results of phenotypic characterization varied with the substitution patterns. Two derivatives displayed high inhibitory (IC50 ≤3μM) activity against the L-929 cell line, but differed in their mode of action. A cluster analysis with impedance profiling data showed the two compounds in relationship to microtubule interfering compounds. In PtK2 cells treated with both derivatives a perturbing effect on the microtubular network was observed, whereas the actin cytoskeleton in incubated PtK2 cells was disturbed only by one compound. The effects on tubulin and actin polymerization could be confirmed by in vitro polymerization experiments.
CitationSAR studies on hydropentalene derivatives--Important core units of biologically active tetramic acid macrolactams and ptychanolides. 2014, 22 (13):3252-61 Bioorg. Med. Chem.
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalBioorganic & medicinal chemistry
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Design, synthesis, and biological activity of bicyclic radester analogues as Hsp90 inhibitors.
- Authors: Jadhav VD, Duerfeldt AS, Blagg BS
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 15
- Structure-activity relationships of precursors and analogs of natural 3-enoyl-tetramic acids.
- Authors: Barnickel B, Bayliffe F, Diestel R, Kempf K, Laschat S, Pachali S, Sasse F, Schlenk A, Schobert R
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Evaluation of the tubulin-bound paclitaxel conformation: synthesis, biology, and SAR studies of C-4 to C-3' bridged paclitaxel analogues.
- Authors: Ganesh T, Yang C, Norris A, Glass T, Bane S, Ravindra R, Banerjee A, Metaferia B, Thomas SL, Giannakakou P, Alcaraz AA, Lakdawala AS, Snyder JP, Kingston DG
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 22
- Synthesis and anticancer activity of geldanamycin derivatives derived from biosynthetically generated metabolites.
- Authors: Lee K, Ryu JS, Jin Y, Kim W, Kaur N, Chung SJ, Jeon YJ, Park JT, Bang JS, Lee HS, Kim TY, Lee JJ, Hong YS
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 21
- Comparison of the cytotoxic effects of enantiopure PPAPs, including nemorosone and clusianone.
- Authors: Simpkins NS, Holtrup F, Rodeschini V, Taylor JD, Wolf R
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 1