Diagnostic needs for rare diseases and shared prediagnostic phenomena: Results of a German-wide expert Delphi survey.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWorldwide approximately 7,000 rare diseases have been identified. Accordingly, 4 million individuals live with a rare disease in Germany. The mean time to diagnosis is about 6 years and patients receive several incorrect diagnoses during this time. A multiplicity of factors renders diagnosing a rare disease extremely difficult. Detection of shared phenomena among individuals with different rare diseases could assist the diagnostic process. In order to explore the demand for diagnostic support and to obtain the commonalities among patients, a nationwide Delphi survey of centers for rare diseases and patient groups was conducted.
CitationDiagnostic needs for rare diseases and shared prediagnostic phenomena: Results of a German-wide expert Delphi survey. 2017, 12 (2):e0172532 PLoS ONE
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Expert agreed standards for the selection and development of cancer support group leaders: an online reactive Delphi study.
- Authors: Pomery A, Schofield P, Xhilaga M, Gough K
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Outcome measurements in scleroderma: results from a delphi exercise.
- Authors: Gazi H, Pope JE, Clements P, Medsger TA, Martin RW, Merkel PA, Kahaleh B, Wollheim FA, Baron M, Csuka ME, Emery P, Belch JF, Hayat S, Lally EV, Korn JH, Czirjak L, Herrick A, Voskuyl AE, Bruehlmann P, Inanc M, Furst DE, Black C, Ellman MH, Moreland LW, Rothfield NF, Hsu V, Mayes M, McKown KM, Krieg T, Siebold JR
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- [First cases of Pompe's disease in Kazakhstan].
- Authors: Zharkinbekova NA, Mukhambetova GA, Kaishibayeva GS, Zhiyenbayeva BS, Zhumagulova KB, Kaishibayev SN, Iglikova AE, Suleimanova SY
- Issue date: 2017
- Common pre-diagnostic features in individuals with different rare diseases represent a key for diagnostic support with computerized pattern recognition?
- Authors: Grigull L, Mehmecke S, Rother AK, Blöß S, Klemann C, Schumacher U, Mücke U, Kortum X, Lechner W, Klawonn F
- Issue date: 2019
- [Speak up for people with rare diseases: ACHSE : ACHSE, Rare Diseases Germany, and its network].
- Authors: Mundlos C
- Issue date: 2018 Dec