Five Unprecedented Secondary Metabolites from the Spider Parasitic Fungus Akanthomyces novoguineensis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsHelaly, Soleiman E
Luangsa-Ard, Janet Jennifer
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFive new compounds including the glycosylated β-naphthol (1, akanthol), a glycosylated pyrazine (2, akanthozine), and three amide derivatives including a hydroxamic acid derivative (3-5) were isolated from the spider-associated fungus Akanthomyces novoguineensis (Cordycipitaceae, Ascomycota). Their structures were elucidated by using high resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS) and NMR spectroscopy. In this study, the antimicrobial, cytotoxic, anti-biofilm, and nematicidal activities of the new compounds were evaluated. The distribution pattern of secondary metabolites in the species was also revealed in which more isolates of A. novoguineensis were encountered and their secondary metabolite profiles were examined using analytical HPLC with diode array and mass spectrometric detection (HPLC-DAD/MS). Remarkably, all isolated compounds are specifically produced by A. novoguineensis.
CitationFive Unprecedented Secondary Metabolites from the Spider Parasitic Fungus Akanthomyces novoguineensis. 2017, 22 (6) Molecules
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalMolecules (Basel, Switzerland)
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Akanthopyrones A-D, α-Pyrones Bearing a 4-O-Methyl-β-d-glucopyranose Moiety from the Spider-Associated Ascomycete Akanthomyces novoguineensis.
- Authors: Kuephadungphan W, Helaly SE, Daengrot C, Phongpaichit S, Luangsa-Ard JJ, Rukachaisirikul V, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 18
- Lachnumon and lachnumol a, new metabolites with nematicidal and antimicrobial activities from the ascomycete Lachnum papyraceum (Karst.) Karst. II. Structural elucidation.
- Authors: Stadler M, Anke H, Bergquist KE, Sterner O
- Issue date: 1993 Jun
- Secondary metabolites resulting from degradation of PR toxin by Penicillium roqueforti.
- Authors: Chang SC, Lu KL, Yeh SF
- Issue date: 1993 Apr
- Nematodetoxic aurovertin-type metabolites from a root-knot nematode parasitic fungus Pochonia chlamydosporia.
- Authors: Niu XM, Wang YL, Chu YS, Xue HX, Li N, Wei LX, Mo MH, Zhang KQ
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 27
- Biotransformation of 1-naphthol by a strictly aquatic fungus.
- Authors: Augustin T, Schlosser D, Baumbach R, Schmidt J, Grancharov K, Krauss G, Krauss GJ
- Issue date: 2006 Mar