Chromosomal position effect influences the heterologous expression of genes and biosynthetic gene clusters in Streptomyces albus J1074.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEfforts to construct the Streptomyces host strain with enhanced yields of heterologous product have focussed mostly on engineering of primary metabolism and/or the deletion of endogenous biosynthetic gene clusters. However, other factors, such as chromosome compactization, have been shown to have a significant influence on gene expression levels in bacteria and fungi. The expression of genes and biosynthetic gene clusters may vary significantly depending on their location within the chromosome. Little is known about the position effect in actinomycetes, which are important producers of various industrially relevant bioactive molecules.
CitationChromosomal position effect influences the heterologous expression of genes and biosynthetic gene clusters in Streptomyces albus J1074. 2017, 16 (1):5 Microb. Cell Fact.
AffiliationHelmholz-Institut für pharmazeutische Forschung , Josef-Schneider-Straße2,97080 Würzburg, Germany.
JournalMicrobial cell factories
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Generation of a cluster-free Streptomyces albus chassis strains for improved heterologous expression of secondary metabolite clusters.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Nadmid S, Pujic P, Normand P, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- An influence of the copy number of biosynthetic gene clusters on the production level of antibiotics in a heterologous host.
- Authors: Manderscheid N, Bilyk B, Busche T, Kalinowski J, Paululat T, Bechthold A, Petzke L, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 20
- High-Yield Production of Herbicidal Thaxtomins and Thaxtomin Analogs in a Nonpathogenic Streptomyces Strain.
- Authors: Jiang G, Zhang Y, Powell MM, Zhang P, Zuo R, Zhang Y, Kallifidas D, Tieu AM, Luesch H, Loria R, Ding Y
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 1
- nonG, a constituent of the nonactin biosynthetic gene cluster, regulates nocardamine synthesis in Streptomyces albus J1074.
- Authors: Park W, Woo JK, Shin J, Oh KB
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 26
- Identification and heterologous expression of an isoquinolinequinone biosynthetic gene cluster from Streptomyces albus J1074.
- Authors: Chai S, Cao M, Feng Z
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 12