Virucidal efficacy of peracetic acid for instrument disinfection.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Brill, Florian H H
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVarious peracetic-acid (PAA)-based products for processing flexible endoscopes on the market are often based on a two-component system including a cleaning step before the addition of PAA as disinfectant. The peracetic acid concentrations in these formulations from different manufacturers are ranging from 400 to 1500 ppm (part per million). These products are used at temperatures between 20 °C and 37 °C. Since information on the virus-inactivating properties of peracetic acid at different concentrations and temperature is missing, it was the aim of the study to evaluate peracetic acid solutions against test viruses using the quantitative suspension test, EN 14476. In addition, further studies were performed with the recently established European pre norm (prEN 17111:2017) describing a carrier assay for simulating practical conditions using frosted glass.
CitationVirucidal efficacy of peracetic acid for instrument disinfection. 2017, 6:114 Antimicrob Resist Infect Control
AffiliationTwinCore, Zentrum für experimentelle und klinische Infektionsforschng GmbH, Feodor-Lynen-Str.7, 30625 Hannover, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Virucidal efficacy of glutaraldehyde for instrument disinfection.
- Authors: Brill FHH, Becker B, Todt D, Steinmann E, Steinmann J, Paulmann D, Bischoff B, Steinmann J
- Issue date: 2020
- Evaluation of the virucidal efficacy of disinfectant wipes with a test method simulating practical conditions.
- Authors: Becker B, Henningsen L, Paulmann D, Bischoff B, Todt D, Steinmann E, Steinmann J, Brill FHH, Steinmann J
- Issue date: 2019
- Virucidal activity of Formulation I of the World Health Organization's alcohol-based handrubs: impact of changes in key ingredient levels and test parameters.
- Authors: Steinmann J, Becker B, Bischoff B, Magulski T, Steinmann J, Steinmann E
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 12
- Infectivity reduction efficacy of UV irradiation and peracetic acid-UV combined treatment on MS2 bacteriophage and murine norovirus in secondary wastewater effluent.
- Authors: Weng S, Dunkin N, Schwab KJ, McQuarrie J, Bell K, Jacangelo JG
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 1
- Virucidal efficacy of a sonicated hydrogen peroxide system (trophon<sup>®</sup> EPR) following European and German test methods.
- Authors: Becker B, Bischoff B, Brill FH, Steinmann E, Steinmann J
- Issue date: 2017