The Anaerobically Induced sRNA PaiI Affects Denitrification in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PA14.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Wolfinger, Michael T
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPseudomonas aeruginosa is an opportunistic pathogen that can thrive by anaerobic respiration in the lungs of cystic fibrosis patients using nitrate as terminal electron acceptor. Here, we report the identification and characterization of the small RNA PaiI in the P. aeruginosa strain 14 (PA14). PaiI is anaerobically induced in the presence of nitrate and depends on the two-component system NarXL. Our studies revealed that PaiI is required for efficient denitrification affecting the conversion of nitrite to nitric oxide. In the absence of PaiI anaerobic growth was impaired on glucose, which can be reconciled with a decreased uptake of the carbon source under these conditions. The importance of PaiI for anaerobic growth is further underlined by the observation that a paiI deletion mutant was impaired in growth in murine tumors.
CitationThe Anaerobically Induced sRNA PaiI Affects Denitrification in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PA14. 2017, 8:2312 Front Microbiol
AffiliationHelmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalFrontiers in microbiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- The anaerobic regulatory network required for Pseudomonas aeruginosa nitrate respiration.
- Authors: Schreiber K, Krieger R, Benkert B, Eschbach M, Arai H, Schobert M, Jahn D
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Compensatory periplasmic nitrate reductase activity supports anaerobic growth of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 in the absence of membrane nitrate reductase.
- Authors: Van Alst NE, Sherrill LA, Iglewski BH, Haidaris CG
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Phenazines Regulate Nap-Dependent Denitrification in Pseudomonas aeruginosa Biofilms.
- Authors: Lin YC, Sekedat MD, Cornell WC, Silva GM, Okegbe C, Price-Whelan A, Vogel C, Dietrich LEP
- Issue date: 2018 May 1
- Identification of Pseudomonas aeruginosa genes involved in virulence and anaerobic growth.
- Authors: Filiatrault MJ, Picardo KF, Ngai H, Passador L, Iglewski BH
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Protein Network of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa Denitrification Apparatus.
- Authors: Borrero-de Acuña JM, Rohde M, Wissing J, Jänsch L, Schobert M, Molinari G, Timmis KN, Jahn M, Jahn D
- Issue date: 2016 May