Labrenzia salina sp. nov., isolated from the rhizosphere of the halophyte Arthrocnemum macrostachyum.
Camacho DSMZ 29163_01.tif
supplementary figure 1
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Montero-Calasanz, Maria Del Carmen
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel, halophilic, motile, rod-shaped, Gram-staining-negative and non-endospore forming bacterium, designated Cs25T, was isolated from the rhizosphere of the halophyte Arthrocnemum macrostachyum growing in a tidal flat. Strain Cs25T was observed to be catalase-negative and oxidase-positive, and to hydrolyse hypoxanthine. Growth occurred from 15 to 40 °C, at pH 7.0-10.0 and with 1-11 % (w/v) NaCl. Q-10 was identified as the dominant ubiquinone, and the major cellular fatty acids were C18 : 1ω7c, 11-methyl C18 : 1ω7c, C20 : 1ω7c and C18 : 0. The polar lipids comprised phosphatidylmonomethylethanolamine, phosphatidylcholine, sulphoquinovosyldiacylglyceride, diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylglycerol and phosphatidylethanolamine. The 16S rRNA gene showed 99.19, 98.6 and 98.59 % sequence identity with Labrenzia alba DSM 18320T, L. aggregata DSM 13394T and L. marina DSM 17023T, respectively. Based on the phenotypic and molecular features and DNA-DNA hybridization data, it is concluded that strain Cs25T represents a novel species for which the name Labrenzia salinasp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is Cs25T (=DSM 29163T=CECT 8816T).
CitationLabrenzia salina sp. nov., isolated from the rhizosphere of the halophyte Arthrocnemum macrostachyum. 2016, 66 (12):5173-5180 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
AffiliationHelmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Labrenzia suaedae sp. nov., a marine bacterium isolated from a halophyte, and emended description of the genus Labrenzia.
- Authors: Bibi F, Jeong JH, Chung EJ, Jeon CO, Chung YR
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Microbulbifer rhizosphaerae sp. nov., isolated from the rhizosphere of the halophyte Arthrocnemum macrostachyum.
- Authors: Camacho M, Del Carmen Montero-Calasanz M, Redondo-Gómez S, Rodríguez-Llorente I, Schumann P, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Kocuria salina sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from the rhizosphere of the halophyte Arthrocnemum macrostachyum and emended description of Kocuria turfanensis.
- Authors: Camacho M, Redondo-Gomez S, Rodríguez-Llorente I, Rohde M, Spröer C, Schumann P, Klenk HP, Montero-Calasanz MDC
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Kushneria phyllosphaerae sp. nov. and Kushneria endophytica sp. nov., plant growth promoting endophytes isolated from the halophyte plant Arthrocnemum macrostachyum.
- Authors: Navarro-Torre S, Carro L, Rodríguez-Llorente ID, Pajuelo E, Caviedes MÁ, Igual JM, Redondo-Gómez S, Camacho M, Klenk HP, Montero-Calasanz MDC
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- <i>Erythrobacter suaedae</i> sp. nov., isolated from a rhizosphere mudflat of a halophyte (<i>Suaeda japonica</i>).
- Authors: Lee SD, Kim YJ, Kim IS
- Issue date: 2019 Oct