Mass-spectrometric profiling of cerebrospinal fluid reveals metabolite biomarkers for CNS involvement in varicella zoster virus reactivation.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Akmatov, Manas K
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVaricella zoster virus (VZV) reactivation spans the spectrum from uncomplicated segmental herpes zoster to life-threatening disseminated CNS infection. Moreover, in the absence of a small animal model for this human pathogen, studies of pathogenesis at the organismal level depend on analysis of human biosamples. Changes in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) metabolites may reflect critical aspects of host responses and end-organ damage in neuroinfection and neuroinflammation. We therefore applied a targeted metabolomics screen of CSF to three clinically distinct forms of VZV reactivation and infectious and non-infectious disease controls in order to identify biomarkers for CNS involvement in VZV reactivation.
CitationMass-spectrometric profiling of cerebrospinal fluid reveals metabolite biomarkers for CNS involvement in varicella zoster virus reactivation. 2018, 15 (1):20 J Neuroinflammation
AffiliationTWINCORE, Zentrum für experimentelle und klinischeInfektionsforschung GmbH, Feodor-Lynen-Str. 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany.
JournalJournal of neuroinflammation
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- The association of Varicella zoster virus reactivation with Bell's palsy in children.
- Authors: Abdel-Aziz M, Azab NA, Khalifa B, Rashed M, Naguib N
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Phosphatidylcholine PC ae C44:6 in cerebrospinal fluid is a sensitive biomarker for bacterial meningitis.
- Authors: de Araujo LS, Pessler K, Sühs KW, Novoselova N, Klawonn F, Kuhn M, Kaever V, Müller-Vahl K, Trebst C, Skripuletz T, Stangel M, Pessler F
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 7
- Identification of Cerebrospinal Fluid Metabolites as Biomarkers for Enterovirus Meningitis.
- Authors: Ratuszny D, Sühs KW, Novoselova N, Kuhn M, Kaever V, Skripuletz T, Pessler F, Stangel M
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 15
- Polymerase chain reaction analysis and oligoclonal antibody in the cerebrospinal fluid from 34 patients with varicella-zoster virus infection of the nervous system.
- Authors: Gregoire SM, van Pesch V, Goffette S, Peeters A, Sindic CJ
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Varicella-zoster virus CNS disease--viral load, clinical manifestations and sequels.
- Authors: Persson A, Bergström T, Lindh M, Namvar L, Studahl M
- Issue date: 2009 Nov