Bioinformatics Meets Virology: The European Virus Bioinformatics Center's Second Annual Meeting.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Andeweg, Arno C
Koonin, Eugene V
McHardy, Alice C
McMahon, Dino P
Pickett, Brett E
Robertson, David L
Scheuermann, Richard H
Zwart, Mark P
Dutilh, Bas E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Second Annual Meeting of the European Virus Bioinformatics Center (EVBC), held in Utrecht, Netherlands, focused on computational approaches in virology, with topics including (but not limited to) virus discovery, diagnostics, (meta-)genomics, modeling, epidemiology, molecular structure, evolution, and viral ecology. The goals of the Second Annual Meeting were threefold: (i) to bring together virologists and bioinformaticians from across the academic, industrial, professional, and training sectors to share best practice; (ii) to provide a meaningful and interactive scientific environment to promote discussion and collaboration between students, postdoctoral fellows, and both new and established investigators; (iii) to inspire and suggest new research directions and questions. Approximately 120 researchers from around the world attended the Second Annual Meeting of the EVBC this year, including 15 renowned international speakers. This report presents an overview of new developments and novel research findings that emerged during the meeting.
AffiliationBRICS, Braunschweiger Zentrum für Systembiologie, Rebenring 56, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States
- The Third Annual Meeting of the European Virus Bioinformatics Center.
- Authors: Hufsky F, Ibrahim B, Modha S, Clokie MRJ, Deinhardt-Emmer S, Dutilh BE, Lycett S, Simmonds P, Thiel V, Abroi A, Adriaenssens EM, Escalera-Zamudio M, Kelly JN, Lamkiewicz K, Lu L, Susat J, Sicheritz T, Robertson DL, Marz M
- Issue date: 2019 May 5
- A new era of virus bioinformatics.
- Authors: Ibrahim B, McMahon DP, Hufsky F, Beer M, Deng L, Mercier PL, Palmarini M, Thiel V, Marz M
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 2
- Software Dedicated to Virus Sequence Analysis "Bioinformatics Goes Viral".
- Authors: Hölzer M, Marz M
- Issue date: 2017
- Update from the 7th annual meeting of the Italian Society of Virology.
- Authors: Salata C, Calistri A, Palù G
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Summary of the 9th annual meeting of the Italian Society for Virology.
- Authors: Salata C, Calistri A, Parolin C, Palù G
- Issue date: 2011 Jan