New Alpiniamides From sp. IB2014/011-12 Assembled by an Unusual Hybrid Non-ribosomal Peptide Synthetase -AT Polyketide Synthase Enzyme.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Luzhetskyy, Andriy N
MetadataShow full item record
Abstracthe environment of Lake Baikal is a well-known source of microbial diversity. The strain Streptomyces sp. IB2014/011-12, isolated from samples collected at Lake Baikal, was found to exhibit potent activity against Gram-positive bacteria. Here, we report isolation and characterization of linear polyketide alpiniamide A (1) and its new derivatives B–D (2–5). The structures of alpiniamides A–D were established and their relative configuration was determined by combination of partial Murata’s method and ROESY experiment. The absolute configuration of alpiniamide A was established through Mosher’s method. The gene cluster, responsible for the biosynthesis of alpiniamides (alp) has been identified by genome mining and gene deletion experiments. The successful expression of the cloned alp gene cluster in a heterologous host supports these findings. Analysis of the architecture of the alp gene cluster and the feeding of labeled precursors elucidated the alpiniamide biosynthetic pathway. The biosynthesis of alpiniamides is an example of a rather simple polyketide assembly line generating unusual chemical diversity through the combination of domain/module skipping and double bond migration events.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut füt Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States
- Biosynthesis Gene Cluster and Oxazole Ring Formation Enzyme for Inthomycins in <i>Streptomyces</i> sp. Strain SYP-A7193.
- Authors: Hou SY, Zhang MY, Wang HD, Zhang YX
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 1
- Nonlinear Biosynthetic Assembly of Alpiniamide by a Hybrid <i>cis</i>/<i>trans</i>-AT PKS-NRPS.
- Authors: Sigrist R, Luhavaya H, McKinnie SMK, Ferreira da Silva A, Jurberg ID, Moore BS, Gonzaga de Oliveira L
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 17
- Draft genome sequence of <i>Streptomyces</i> sp. TP-A0867, an alchivemycin producer.
- Authors: Komaki H, Ichikawa N, Oguchi A, Hamada M, Harunari E, Kodani S, Fujita N, Igarashi Y
- Issue date: 2016
- Epilithic Biofilms in Lake Baikal: Screening and Diversity of PKS and NRPS Genes in the Genomes of Heterotrophic Bacteria.
- Authors: Sukhanova E, Zimens E, Kaluzhnaya O, Parfenova V, Belykh O
- Issue date: 2018
- The biosynthetic gene cluster for the antitumor drug bleomycin from Streptomyces verticillus ATCC15003 supporting functional interactions between nonribosomal peptide synthetases and a polyketide synthase.
- Authors: Du L, Sánchez C, Chen M, Edwards DJ, Shen B
- Issue date: 2000 Aug