Exploration of ligand binding modes towards the identification of compounds targeting HuR: a combined STD-NMR and Molecular Modelling approach.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Della Volpe, Serena
Ambrosio, Francesca Alessandra
Unver, M Yagiz
Hirsch, Anna K H
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPost-transcriptional processes have been recognised as pivotal in the control of gene expression, and impairments in RNA processing are reported in several pathologies (i.e., cancer and neurodegeneration). Focusing on RNA-binding proteins (RBPs), the involvement of Embryonic Lethal Abnormal Vision (ELAV) or Hu proteins and their complexes with target mRNAs in the aetiology of various dysfunctions, has suggested the great potential of compounds able to interfere with the complex stability as an innovative pharmacological strategy for the treatment of numerous diseases. Here, we present a rational follow-up investigation of the interaction between ELAV isoform HuR and structurally-related compounds (i.e., flavonoids and coumarins), naturally decorated with different functional groups, by means of STD-NMR and Molecular Modelling. Our results represent the foundation for the development of potent and selective ligands able to interfere with ELAV-RNA complexes.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut füt Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States
- Novel Compounds Targeting the RNA-Binding Protein HuR. Structure-Based Design, Synthesis, and Interaction Studies.
- Authors: Della Volpe S, Nasti R, Queirolo M, Unver MY, Jumde VK, Dömling A, Vasile F, Potenza D, Ambrosio FA, Costa G, Alcaro S, Zucal C, Provenzani A, Di Giacomo M, Rossi D, Hirsch AKH, Collina S
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 11
- Dihydrotanshinone-I interferes with the RNA-binding activity of HuR affecting its post-transcriptional function.
- Authors: D'Agostino VG, Lal P, Mantelli B, Tiedje C, Zucal C, Thongon N, Gaestel M, Latorre E, Marinelli L, Seneci P, Amadio M, Provenzani A
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 10
- Compounds Interfering with Embryonic Lethal Abnormal Vision (ELAV) Protein-RNA Complexes: An Avenue for Discovering New Drugs.
- Authors: Nasti R, Rossi D, Amadio M, Pascale A, Unver MY, Hirsch AKH, Collina S
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 26
- Multiple functions of the RNA-binding protein HuR in cancer progression, treatment responses and prognosis.
- Authors: Wang J, Guo Y, Chu H, Guan Y, Bi J, Wang B
- Issue date: 2013 May 10
- Emerging role of HuR in inflammatory response in kidney diseases.
- Authors: Shang J, Zhao Z
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 1