Inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, 2 and 14: Structures, biological activities and future challenges.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDuring the past 25 years, the modulation of estrogen action by inhibition of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 2 (17β-HSD1 and 17β-HSD2), respectively, has been pursued intensively. In the search for novel treatment options for estrogen-dependent diseases (EDD) and in order to explore estrogenic signaling pathways, a large number of steroidal and nonsteroidal inhibitors of these enzymes has been described in the literature. The present review gives a survey on the development of inhibitor classes as well as the structural formulas and biological properties of their most interesting representatives. In addition, rationally designed dual inhibitors of both 17β-HSD1 and steroid sulfatase (STS) as well as the first inhibitors of 17β-HSD14 are covered.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut füt Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States
- Hydroxybenzothiazoles as new nonsteroidal inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17β-HSD1).
- Authors: Spadaro A, Negri M, Marchais-Oberwinkler S, Bey E, Frotscher M
- Issue date: 2012
- First Structure-Activity Relationship of 17β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 14 Nonsteroidal Inhibitors and Crystal Structures in Complex with the Enzyme.
- Authors: Braun F, Bertoletti N, Möller G, Adamski J, Steinmetzer T, Salah M, Abdelsamie AS, van Koppen CJ, Heine A, Klebe G, Marchais-Oberwinkler S
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 8
- Inhibitors of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1.
- Authors: Brozic P, Lanisnik Risner T, Gobec S
- Issue date: 2008
- First Dual Inhibitors of Steroid Sulfatase (STS) and 17β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 (17β-HSD1): Designed Multiple Ligands as Novel Potential Therapeutics for Estrogen-Dependent Diseases.
- Authors: Salah M, Abdelsamie AS, Frotscher M
- Issue date: 2017 May 11
- Substituted 6-phenyl-2-naphthols. Potent and selective nonsteroidal inhibitors of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17beta-HSD1): design, synthesis, biological evaluation, and pharmacokinetics.
- Authors: Marchais-Oberwinkler S, Kruchten P, Frotscher M, Ziegler E, Neugebauer A, Bhoga U, Bey E, Müller-Vieira U, Messinger J, Thole H, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 14