The diphenylpyrazole compound anle138b blocks Aβ channels and rescues disease phenotypes in a mouse model for amyloid pathology.
Martinez Hernandez et al.pdf
Open Access publication
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsMartinez Hernandez, Ana
Gillman, Alan L
Agbemenyah, Hope Y
Arce, Fernando Teran
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlzheimer's disease is a devastating neurodegenerative disease eventually leading to dementia. An effective treatment does not yet exist. Here we show that oral application of the compound anle138b restores hippocampal synaptic and transcriptional plasticity as well as spatial memory in a mouse model for Alzheimer's disease, when given orally before or after the onset of pathology. At the mechanistic level, we provide evidence that anle138b blocks the activity of conducting Aβ pores without changing the membrane embedded Aβ-oligomer structure. In conclusion, our data suggest that anle138b is a novel and promising compound to treat AD-related pathology that should be investigated further.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- The flavonoid baicalein rescues synaptic plasticity and memory deficits in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.
- Authors: Gu XH, Xu LJ, Liu ZQ, Wei B, Yang YJ, Xu GG, Yin XP, Wang W
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 15
- Late-stage Anle138b treatment ameliorates tau pathology and metabolic decline in a mouse model of human Alzheimer's disease tau.
- Authors: Brendel M, Deussing M, Blume T, Kaiser L, Probst F, Overhoff F, Peters F, von Ungern-Sternberg B, Ryazanov S, Leonov A, Griesinger C, Zwergal A, Levin J, Bartenstein P, Yakushev I, Cumming P, Boening G, Ziegler S, Herms J, Giese A, Rominger A
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 1
- Activation of G-protein-gated inwardly rectifying potassium (Kir3/GirK) channels rescues hippocampal functions in a mouse model of early amyloid-β pathology.
- Authors: Sánchez-Rodríguez I, Temprano-Carazo S, Nájera A, Djebari S, Yajeya J, Gruart A, Delgado-García JM, Jiménez-Díaz L, Navarro-López JD
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 7
- Avenanthramide-C Restores Impaired Plasticity and Cognition in Alzheimer's Disease Model Mice.
- Authors: Ramasamy VS, Samidurai M, Park HJ, Wang M, Park RY, Yu SY, Kang HK, Hong S, Choi WS, Lee YY, Kim HS, Jo J
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- SEN1500, a novel oral amyloid-β aggregation inhibitor, attenuates brain pathology in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.
- Authors: Brunner D, Flunkert S, Neddens J, Duller S, Scopes DIC, Treherne JM, Hutter-Paier B
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 1