2-Aminothiazole Derivatives as Selective Allosteric Modulators of the Protein Kinase CK2. 2. Structure-Based Optimization and Investigation of Effects Specific to the Allosteric Mode of Action.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Hartmann, Rolf W
Le Borgne, Marc
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractProtein CK2 has gained much interest as an anticancer drug target in the past decade. We had previously described the identification of a new allosteric site on the catalytic α-subunit, along with first small molecule ligands based on the 4-(4-phenylthiazol-2-ylamino)benzoic acid scaffold. In the present work, structure optimizations guided by a binding model led to the identification of the lead compound 2-hydroxy-4-((4-(naphthalen-2-yl)thiazol-2-yl)amino)benzoic acid (27), showing a submicromolar potency against purified CK2α (IC
CitationJ Med Chem. 2019 Feb 28;62(4):1817-1836. doi: 10.1021/acs.jmedchem.8b01765. Epub 2019 Feb 13
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society
JournalJournal of Medicinal Chemistry
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- 2-Aminothiazole Derivatives as Selective Allosteric Modulators of the Protein Kinase CK2. 1. Identification of an Allosteric Binding Site.
- Authors: Bestgen B, Krimm I, Kufareva I, Kamal AAM, Seetoh WG, Abell C, Hartmann RW, Abagyan R, Cochet C, Le Borgne M, Engel M, Lomberget T
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 28
- Identification and Biological Evaluation of CK2 Allosteric Fragments through Structure-Based Virtual Screening.
- Authors: Li C, Zhang X, Zhang N, Zhou Y, Sun G, Zhao L, Zhong R
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 6
- Structure-based discovery of the first allosteric inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinase 2.
- Authors: Rastelli G, Anighoro A, Chripkova M, Carrassa L, Broggini M
- Issue date: 2014
- Structure-activity relationship study of 4-(thiazol-5-yl)benzoic acid derivatives as potent protein kinase CK2 inhibitors.
- Authors: Ohno H, Minamiguchi D, Nakamura S, Shu K, Okazaki S, Honda M, Misu R, Moriwaki H, Nakanishi S, Oishi S, Kinoshita T, Nakanishi I, Fujii N
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 1
- Structure-based design of novel potent protein kinase CK2 (CK2) inhibitors with phenyl-azole scaffolds.
- Authors: Hou Z, Nakanishi I, Kinoshita T, Takei Y, Yasue M, Misu R, Suzuki Y, Nakamura S, Kure T, Ohno H, Murata K, Kitaura K, Hirasawa A, Tsujimoto G, Oishi S, Fujii N
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 22