New terpenoids from the fermentation broth of the edible mushroom .
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe strophariaceous basidiomycete Cyclocybe aegerita (synonyms Agrocybe aegerita and A. cylindracea) is one of the most praised cultivated edible mushrooms and is being cultivated at large scale for food production. Furthermore, the fungus serves as a model organism to study fruiting body formation and the production of secondary metabolites during the life cycle of Basidiomycota. By studying the secondary metabolite profiles of C. aegerita, we found several terpenoids in submerged cultures. Aside from the main metabolite, bovistol (1), two new bovistol derivatives B and C (2, 3) and pasteurestin C as a new protoilludane (4) were isolated by preparative HPLC. Their structures were elucidated by mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy. The relative configurations of 2-4 were assigned by ROESY correlations, and 3JH,H coupling constants in the case of 4. Applying quantitative PCR for gene expression validation, we linked the production of bovistol and its derivatives to the respective biosynthesis gene clusters.
CitationBeilstein J Org Chem. 2019 Apr 30;15:1000-1007. doi: 10.3762/bjoc.15.98. eCollection 2019.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Transcriptome of different fruiting stages in the cultivated mushroom Cyclocybe aegerita suggests a complex regulation of fruiting and reveals enzymes putatively involved in fungal oxylipin biosynthesis.
- Authors: Orban A, Weber A, Herzog R, Hennicke F, Rühl M
- Issue date: 2021 May 4
- Multilocus phylogeny- and fruiting feature-assisted delimitation of European <i>Cyclocybe aegerita</i> from a new Asian species complex and related species.
- Authors: Frings RA, Maciá-Vicente JG, Buße S, Čmoková A, Kellner H, Hofrichter M, Hennicke F
- Issue date: 2020
- The Pacific Tree-Parasitic Fungus <i>Cyclocybe parasitica</i> Exhibits Monokaryotic Fruiting, Showing Phenotypes Known from Bracket Fungi and from <i>Cyclocybe aegerita</i>.
- Authors: Elders H, Hennicke F
- Issue date: 2021 May 19
- Molecular identification and antimicrobial activities of some wild Egyptian mushrooms: Bjerkandera adusta as a promising source of bioactive antimicrobial phenolic compounds.
- Authors: Soliman ERS, El-Sayed H
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 19
- Exploring molecular tools for transformation and gene expression in the cultivated edible mushroom Agrocybe aegerita.
- Authors: Herzog R, Solovyeva I, Bölker M, Lugones LG, Hennicke F
- Issue date: 2019 Jun