Integrating Culture-based Antibiotic Resistance Profiles with Whole-genome Sequencing Data for 11,087 Clinical Isolates.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Laczny, Cédric C
von Müller, Lutz
Posch, Andreas E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEmergingantibiotic resistanceis a major global health threat. The analysis of nucleic acidsequences linked to susceptibility phenotypes facilitates the study of genetic antibiotic resistancedeterminants to inform molecular diagnostics and drug development. We collected genetic data(11,087 newly-sequenced whole genomes) and culture-based resistance profiles (10,991 out of the11,087 isolates comprehensively tested against 22 antibiotics in total) of clinical isolates including18 main species spanning a time period of 30 years. Species and drug specific resistance patternswere observed including increased resistance rates forAcinetobacter baumanniito carbapenemsand forEscherichia colito fluoroquinolones. Species-levelpan-genomeswere constructed to reflectthe genetic repertoire of the respective species, including conserved essential genes and known resis-tance factors. Integrating phenotypes and genotypes through species-level pan-genomes allowed toinfer gene–drug resistance associations using statistical testing. The isolate collection and the analysis results have been integrated into GEAR-base, a resource available for academic research use free of charge athttps://gear-base.com
CitationGenomics Proteomics Bioinformatics. 2019 May 14. pii: S1672-0229(19)30092-0. doi: 10.1016/j.gpb.2018.11.002.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Unexplored Genetic Diversity of Multidrug- and Extremely Drug-Resistant <i>Acinetobacter baumannii</i> Isolates from Tertiary Hospitals in Honduras.
- Authors: López-Leal G, Zuniga-Moya JC, Castro-Jaimes S, Graña-Miraglia L, Pérez-Oseguera Á, Reyes-García HS, Gough-Coto SD, Pavón-Madrid R, Bejarano SA, Ferrera A, Castillo-Ramírez S, Cevallos MA
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- <i>Acinetobacter baumannii</i> Isolated from Lebanese Patients: Phenotypes and Genotypes of Resistance, Clonality, and Determinants of Pathogenicity.
- Authors: Dahdouh E, Hajjar M, Suarez M, Daoud Z
- Issue date: 2016
- Resistance Gene Carriage Predicts Growth of Natural and Clinical <i>Escherichia coli</i> Isolates in the Absence of Antibiotics.
- Authors: Allen RC, Angst DC, Hall AR
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 15
- Whole Genome Sequencing of Extended Spectrum β-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae Isolated from Hospitalized Patients in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Authors: Founou RC, Founou LL, Allam M, Ismail A, Essack SY
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 18
- Complete genome sequence of hypervirulent and outbreak-associated Acinetobacter baumannii strain LAC-4: epidemiology, resistance genetic determinants and potential virulence factors.
- Authors: Ou HY, Kuang SN, He X, Molgora BM, Ewing PJ, Deng Z, Osby M, Chen W, Xu HH
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 2