Cyathane Diterpenes from Cultures of the Bird's Nest Fungus Cyathus hookeri and Their Neurotrophic and Anti-neuroinflammatory Activities.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSix new cyathane diterpenoids, cyahookerins A-F (1-6), as well as nine known analogues (7-15), were isolated from the liquid culture of the basidiomycete Cyathus hookeri. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of extensive spectroscopic analyses (1D and 2D NMR, HRESIMS, and ECD), and the absolute configurations of compounds 1 and 4 were determined by single-crystal X-ray crystallography. Compounds 1 and 2 represent the first unusual cyathane acetals featuring a dioxolane ring. Compounds 1-6 displayed differential nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth-promoting activity in PC-12 cells at concentrations of 10 μM. In addition, cyahookerin B (2), cyathin E (9), cyathin B2 (12), and cyathin Q (13) showed significant nitric oxide production inhibition in Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-activated BV-2 microglial cells with IC50 values of 12.0, 6.9, 10.9, and 9.1 μM, respectively. Similar binding modes of the four compounds were indicated by molecular-docking studies, and structure-activity relationships are discussed.
CitationJ Nat Prod. 2019 Jun 18. doi: 10.1021/acs.jnatprod.9b00091.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society
JournalJournal of natural products
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- New cyathane diterpenoids with neurotrophic and anti-neuroinflammatory activity from the bird's nest fungus Cyathus africanus.
- Authors: Yin X, Wei J, Wang WW, Gao YQ, Stadler M, Kou RW, Gao JM
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Polyoxygenated cyathane diterpenoids from the mushroom Cyathus africanus, and their neurotrophic and anti-neuroinflammatory activities.
- Authors: Wei J, Guo WH, Cao CY, Kou RW, Xu YZ, Górecki M, Di Bari L, Pescitelli G, Gao JM
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 1
- Molecular Diversity and Potential Anti-neuroinflammatory Activities of Cyathane Diterpenoids from the Basidiomycete Cyathus africanus.
- Authors: Wei J, Cheng Y, Guo WH, Wang DC, Zhang Q, Li D, Rong J, Gao JM
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 21
- Three new cyathane diterpenoids from the medicinal fungus Cyathus africanus.
- Authors: Han JJ, Zhang L, Xu JK, Bao L, Zhao F, Chen YH, Zhang WK, Liu HW
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Striatoids A-F, Cyathane Diterpenoids with Neurotrophic Activity from Cultures of the Fungus Cyathus striatus.
- Authors: Bai R, Zhang CC, Yin X, Wei J, Gao JM
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 24