Genetically diverse Pseudomonas aeruginosa populations display similar transcriptomic profiles in a cystic fibrosis explanted lung.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Willger, Sven D
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrevious studies have demonstrated substantial genetic diversification of Pseudomonas aeruginosa across sub-compartments in cystic fibrosis (CF) lungs. Here, we isolate P. aeruginosa from five different sampling areas in the upper and lower airways of an explanted CF lung, analyze ex vivo transcriptional profiles by RNA-seq, and use colony re-sequencing and deep population sequencing to determine the genetic diversity within and across the various sub-compartments. We find that, despite genetic variation, the ex vivo transcriptional profiles of P. aeruginosa populations inhabiting different regions of the CF lung are similar. Although we cannot estimate the extent to which the transcriptional response recorded here actually reflects the in vivo transcriptomes, our results indicate that there may be a common in vivo transcriptional profile in the CF lung environment.
CitationNat Commun. 2019 Jul 30;10(1):3397. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-11414-3.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Fermentation products in the cystic fibrosis airways induce aggregation and dormancy-associated expression profiles in a CF clinical isolate of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Authors: Phan J, Gallagher T, Oliver A, England WE, Whiteson K
- Issue date: 2018 May 1
- Extensive diversification is a common feature of Pseudomonas aeruginosa populations during respiratory infections in cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: Ashish A, Paterson S, Mowat E, Fothergill JL, Walshaw MJ, Winstanley C
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- In vitro evolution of Pseudomonas aeruginosa AA2 biofilms in the presence of cystic fibrosis lung microbiome members.
- Authors: Vandeplassche E, Sass A, Lemarcq A, Dandekar AA, Coenye T, Crabbé A
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 6
- Selective Sweeps and Parallel Pathoadaptation Drive Pseudomonas aeruginosa Evolution in the Cystic Fibrosis Lung.
- Authors: Diaz Caballero J, Clark ST, Coburn B, Zhang Y, Wang PW, Donaldson SL, Tullis DE, Yau YC, Waters VJ, Hwang DM, Guttman DS
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 1
- Instantaneous within-patient diversity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa quorum-sensing populations from cystic fibrosis lung infections.
- Authors: Wilder CN, Allada G, Schuster M
- Issue date: 2009 Dec