Rational Adaptation of L3MBTL1 Inhibitors to Create Small-Molecule Cbx7 Antagonists.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Daze, Kevin D
Douglas, Sarah F
Brown, Tyler M
Hirsch, Anna K H
Wulff, Jeremy E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChromobox homolog 7 (Cbx7) is an epigenetic modulator that is an important driver of multiple cancers. It is a methyl reader protein that operates by recognizing and binding to methylated lysine residues on specific partners. Herein we report our efforts to create low-molecular-weight inhibitors of Cbx7 by making rational structural adaptations to inhibitors of a different methyl reader protein, L3MBTL1, inhibitors that had previously been reported to be inactive against Cbx7. We evaluated each new inhibitor for Cbx7 inhibition by fluorescence polarization assay, and also confirmed the binding of selected inhibitors to Cbx7 by saturation-transfer difference NMR spectroscopy. This work identified multiple small-molecule inhibitors with modest (IC50 : 257-500 μm) potency.
CitationChemMedChem. 2019 Aug 6;14(15):1444-1456. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.201900021. Epub 2019
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Chromodomain antagonists that target the polycomb-group methyllysine reader protein chromobox homolog 7 (CBX7).
- Authors: Simhadri C, Daze KD, Douglas SF, Quon TT, Dev A, Gignac MC, Peng F, Heller M, Boulanger MJ, Wulff JE, Hof F
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 10
- Structure-Activity Relationships of Cbx7 Inhibitors, Including Selectivity Studies against Other Cbx Proteins.
- Authors: Simhadri C, Gignac MC, Anderson CJ, Milosevich N, Dheri A, Prashar N, Flemmer RT, Dev A, Henderson TG, Douglas SF, Wulff JE, Hof F
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 31
- Small-molecule modulators of methyl-lysine binding for the CBX7 chromodomain.
- Authors: Ren C, Morohashi K, Plotnikov AN, Jakoncic J, Smith SG, Li J, Zeng L, Rodriguez Y, Stojanoff V, Walsh M, Zhou MM
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 19
- Synthetic trimethyllysine receptors that bind histone 3, trimethyllysine 27 (H3K27me3) and disrupt its interaction with the epigenetic reader protein CBX7.
- Authors: Tabet S, Douglas SF, Daze KD, Garnett GA, Allen KJ, Abrioux EM, Quon TT, Wulff JE, Hof F
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 15
- Aza-amino acid scanning of chromobox homolog 7 (CBX7) ligands.
- Authors: Traoré M, Gignac M, Doan ND, Hof F, Lubell WD
- Issue date: 2017 Apr