Rational Adaptation of L3MBTL1 Inhibitors to Create Small-Molecule Cbx7 Antagonists.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Daze, Kevin D
Douglas, Sarah F
Brown, Tyler M
Hirsch, Anna K H
Wulff, Jeremy E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChromobox homolog 7 (Cbx7) is an epigenetic modulator that is an important driver of multiple cancers. It is a methyl reader protein that operates by recognizing and binding to methylated lysine residues on specific partners. Herein we report our efforts to create low-molecular-weight inhibitors of Cbx7 by making rational structural adaptations to inhibitors of a different methyl reader protein, L3MBTL1, inhibitors that had previously been reported to be inactive against Cbx7. We evaluated each new inhibitor for Cbx7 inhibition by fluorescence polarization assay, and also confirmed the binding of selected inhibitors to Cbx7 by saturation-transfer difference NMR spectroscopy. This work identified multiple small-molecule inhibitors with modest (IC50 : 257-500 μm) potency.
CitationChemMedChem. 2019 Aug 6;14(15):1444-1456. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.201900021. Epub 2019
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Chromodomain antagonists that target the polycomb-group methyllysine reader protein chromobox homolog 7 (CBX7).
- Authors: Simhadri C, Daze KD, Douglas SF, Quon TT, Dev A, Gignac MC, Peng F, Heller M, Boulanger MJ, Wulff JE, Hof F
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 10
- Small-molecule modulators of methyl-lysine binding for the CBX7 chromodomain.
- Authors: Ren C, Morohashi K, Plotnikov AN, Jakoncic J, Smith SG, Li J, Zeng L, Rodriguez Y, Stojanoff V, Walsh M, Zhou MM
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 19
- Aza-amino acid scanning of chromobox homolog 7 (CBX7) ligands.
- Authors: Traoré M, Gignac M, Doan ND, Hof F, Lubell WD
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- The molecular selectivity of UNC3866 inhibitor for Polycomb CBX7 protein from molecular dynamics simulation.
- Authors: Liu H, Li Z, Li L
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Optimization of Ligands Using Focused DNA-Encoded Libraries To Develop a Selective, Cell-Permeable CBX8 Chromodomain Inhibitor.
- Authors: Wang S, Denton KE, Hobbs KF, Weaver T, McFarlane JMB, Connelly KE, Gignac MC, Milosevich N, Hof F, Paci I, Musselman CA, Dykhuizen EC, Krusemark CJ
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 17