Neutral Lipopolyplexes for In Vivo Delivery of Conventional and Replicative RNA Vaccine.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNucleic acid vaccination relies on injecting DNA or RNA coding antigen(s) to induce a protective immune response. RNA vaccination is being increasingly used in preclinical and clinical studies. However, few delivery systems have been reported for in vivo delivery of RNA of different sizes. Using a tripartite formulation with RNA, cationic polymer, and anionic liposomes, we were able to encapsulate RNA into neutral lipopolyplexes (LPPs). LPPs were stable in vitro and successfully delivered conventional RNA and replicative RNA to dendritic cells in cellulo. Their injection led to reporter gene expression in mice. Finally, administration of LPP-Replicon RNA (RepRNA) led to an adaptive immune response against the antigen coded by the RepRNA. Accordingly, LPPs may represent a universal formulation for RNA delivery.
Citation- Mol Ther Nucleic Acids. 2019 Sep 6;17:767-775. doi: 10.1016/j.omtn.2019.07.014. Epub 2019 Jul 30.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Self-Replicating RNA Vaccine Delivery to Dendritic Cells.
- Authors: Démoulins T, Englezou PC, Milona P, Ruggli N, Tirelli N, Pichon C, Sapet C, Ebensen T, Guzmán CA, McCullough KC
- Issue date: 2017
- Polyethylenimine-based polyplex delivery of self-replicating RNA vaccines.
- Authors: Démoulins T, Milona P, Englezou PC, Ebensen T, Schulze K, Suter R, Pichon C, Midoux P, Guzmán CA, Ruggli N, McCullough KC
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Self-Amplifying Replicon RNA Delivery to Dendritic Cells by Cationic Lipids.
- Authors: Englezou PC, Sapet C, Démoulins T, Milona P, Ebensen T, Schulze K, Guzman CA, Poulhes F, Zelphati O, Ruggli N, McCullough KC
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 7
- Self-replicating Replicon-RNA Delivery to Dendritic Cells by Chitosan-nanoparticles for Translation In Vitro and In Vivo.
- Authors: McCullough KC, Bassi I, Milona P, Suter R, Thomann-Harwood L, Englezou P, Démoulins T, Ruggli N
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 8
- Self-replicating RNA vaccine functionality modulated by fine-tuning of polyplex delivery vehicle structure.
- Authors: Démoulins T, Ebensen T, Schulze K, Englezou PC, Pelliccia M, Guzmán CA, Ruggli N, McCullough KC
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 28