Cytotoxic, anti-biofilm and antimicrobial polyketides from the plant associated fungus Chaetosphaeronema achilleae.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFrom extracts of the plant associated fungus Chaetosphaeronema achilleae collected in Iran, a previously unreported isoindolinone named chaetosisoindolinone (1) and a previously undescribed indanone named chaetosindanone (2) were isolated in addition to five known metabolites, 2-(2-acetyl-3,5-dihydroxyphenyl) acetic acid (3), vulculic acid (4), 2-(2-acetyl-3-hydroxy-5-methoxyphenyl)acetic acid (5), curvulin (6), and curvulol (7). Their structures were elucidated on the basis of extensive spectroscopic analysis and high-resolution mass spectrometry. The isolated compounds were tested for their antimicrobial, anti-biofilm, and nematicidal activities. Compound 2 exhibited cytotoxicity against the human breast adenocarcinoma MCF-7 cells with an IC50 value of 1.5 μg/mL. Furthermore, compounds 4 and 7 almost completely inhibited biofilm formation in Staphylococcus aureus at 256 μg/mL. Weak antimicrobial activities were also observed for some of the isolated compounds against Mucor hiemalis, Rhodoturula glutinis, Chromobacterium violaceum, and Staphylococcus aureus.
CitationFitoterapia. 2019 Oct 23;139:104390. doi: 10.1016/j.fitote.2019.104390.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Cytotoxic, antimicrobial and antiviral secondary metabolites produced by the plant pathogenic fungus Cytospora sp. CCTU A309.
- Authors: Narmani A, Teponno RB, Arzanlou M, Surup F, Helaly SE, Wittstein K, Praditya DF, Babai-Ahari A, Steinmann E, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Dimeric 1,4-benzoquinone Derivatives with Cytotoxic Activities from the Marine-Derived Fungus <i>Penicillium</i> sp. L129.
- Authors: Zhang HM, Ju CX, Li G, Sun Y, Peng Y, Li YX, Peng XP, Lou HX
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 26
- Bioactive polyketides from the mangrove endophytic fungi Phoma sp. SYSU-SK-7.
- Authors: Chen Y, Yang W, Zou G, Chen S, Pang J, She Z
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Antimicrobial and Cytotoxic Activity of Extracts of Ferula heuffelii Griseb. ex Heuff. and Its Metabolites.
- Authors: Pavlović I, Petrović S, Milenković M, Stanojković T, Nikolić D, Krunić A, Niketić M
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Metabolites from the endophytic fungus Cylindrocarpon sp. isolated from tropical plant Sapium ellipticum.
- Authors: Kamdem RST, Pascal W, Rehberg N, van Geelen L, Höfert SP, Knedel TO, Janiak C, Sureechatchaiyan P, Kassack MU, Lin W, Kalscheuer R, Liu Z, Proksch P
- Issue date: 2018 Jul