PD-1 expression affects cytokine production by ILC2 and is influenced by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Stark, Julian M
Soori, Sara Y
Tibbitt, Christopher A
Coquet, Jonathan M
Chambers, Benedict J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInnate lymphoid cells (ILCs) can provide early cytokine help against a variety of pathogens in the lungs and gastrointestinal tract. Type 2 ILC (ILC2) are comparable to T helper 2 cells found in the adaptive immune system, which secrete cytokines such as interleukin 5 (IL-5) and IL-13 and have been found to play roles in host defense against helminth infections and in allergic responses. Recent studies have identified that programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1) and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-γ (PPAR-γ) are highly expressed by ILC2. We examined whether PD-1 plays a role in ILC2 function and whether there was any connection between PD-1 and PPAR-γ METHODS: To ensure that only innate immune cells were present, ILC2 cells were examined from RAG1-/- and PD-1-/- xRAG1-/- mice under steady-state or following inoculation with IL-33. We also tested ILC2 generated from bone marrow of RAG1-/- and PD-1-/- xRAG1-/- mice for their production of cytokines. These in vitro-derived ILC2 were also exposed to agonist and antagonist of PPAR-γ.
CitationImmun Inflamm Dis. 2019 Nov 19. doi: 10.1002/iid3.279.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Group 2 innate lymphoid cells in the regulation of immune responses.
- Authors: Roediger B, Weninger W
- Issue date: 2015
- Single-cell RNA-seq identifies a PD-1<sup>hi</sup> ILC progenitor and defines its development pathway.
- Authors: Yu Y, Tsang JC, Wang C, Clare S, Wang J, Chen X, Brandt C, Kane L, Campos LS, Lu L, Belz GT, McKenzie AN, Teichmann SA, Dougan G, Liu P
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 3
- Group 2 innate lymphoid cells are elevated and activated in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps.
- Authors: Poposki JA, Klingler AI, Tan BK, Soroosh P, Banie H, Lewis G, Hulse KE, Stevens WW, Peters AT, Grammer LC, Schleimer RP, Welch KC, Smith SS, Conley DB, Raviv JR, Karras JG, Akbari O, Kern RC, Kato A
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- IL-12 drives functional plasticity of human group 2 innate lymphoid cells.
- Authors: Lim AI, Menegatti S, Bustamante J, Le Bourhis L, Allez M, Rogge L, Casanova JL, Yssel H, Di Santo JP
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 4
- IL-1 is a critical regulator of group 2 innate lymphoid cell function and plasticity.
- Authors: Ohne Y, Silver JS, Thompson-Snipes L, Collet MA, Blanck JP, Cantarel BL, Copenhaver AM, Humbles AA, Liu YJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jun