Diversity of Tilletiopsis-Like Fungi in Exobasidiomycetes (Ustilaginomycotina) and Description of Six Novel Species.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2006 several yeast-like fungi were isolated from apples that showed a postharvest disorder named "white haze." These strains were morphologically and molecularly assigned to the genus Tilletiopsis. Following the recent reclassification of yeasts in Ustilaginomycotina and the genus Tilletiopsis in particular, species that caused "white haze" disorder were re-identified based on the phylogenetic analysis of five DNA-loci (ITS, LSU, SSU, RPB2, and TEF1) and analysis of D1/D2 domains of the 26S/28S rRNA (LSU). Six novel species belonging to three orders in the Exobasidiomycetes, namely Entyloma belangeri (holotype: CBS 111600; ex-type: DSM 29114) MB 823155, Entyloma davenportii (holotype: CBS 111604; ex-type: DSM 100135) MB 823154, Entyloma elstari (holotype: CBS 111593; ex-type: DSM 29113) MB 823153, Entyloma randwijkense (holotype: CBS 111606; ex-type: DSM 100136) MB 823156, Jamesdicksonia mali (holotype: CBS 111625; ex-type: DSM 29121) MB 823151 and Golubevia heteromorpha (holotype: CBS 111610; ex-type: DSM 100176) MB 823152 are proposed to accommodate these strains. In addition, sequences representing phylogenetically related but yet undescribed fungi were obtained from GenBank in order to show the diversity of Tilletiopsis-like yeast states in Exobasidiomycetes.
CitationFront Microbiol. 2019 Nov 22;10:2544. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2019.02544. eCollection 2019.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalFrontiers in Microbiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Multigene phylogeny and taxonomic revision of yeasts and related fungi in the Ustilaginomycotina.
- Authors: Wang QM, Begerow D, Groenewald M, Liu XZ, Theelen B, Bai FY, Boekhout T
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Fourteen novel lipomycetaceous yeast species isolated from soil in Japan and transfer of <i>Dipodascopsis anomala</i> to the genus <i>Babjevia</i> based on ascospore production phenotype.
- Authors: Yamazaki A, Lorliam W, Kawasaki H, Uchino M, Suzuki KI
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- <i>Savitreea pentosicarens</i> gen. nov., sp. nov., a yeast species in the family Saccharomycetaceae isolated from a grease trap.
- Authors: Sakpuntoon V, Angchuan J, Boonmak C, Khunnamwong P, Jacques N, Grondin C, Casaregola S, Srisuk N
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 14
- Kondoa gutianensis f.a. sp. nov., a novel ballistoconidium-forming yeast species isolated from plant leaves.
- Authors: Liu XZ, Groenewald M, Boekhout T, Bai FY
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Gjaerumia, a new genus in the Georgefischeriales (Ustilaginomycetes).
- Authors: Bauer R, Lutz M, Oberwinkler F
- Issue date: 2005 Nov