Skeletocutins M-Q: biologically active compounds from the fruiting bodies of the basidiomycete Skeletocutis sp. collected in Africa.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDuring the course of screening for new metabolites from basidiomycetes, we isolated and characterized five previously undescribed secondary metabolites, skeletocutins M-Q (1-5), along with the known metabolite tyromycin A (6) from the fruiting bodies of the polypore Skeletocutis sp. The new compounds did not exhibit any antimicrobial, cytotoxic, or nematicidal activities. However, compound 3 moderately inhibited the biofilm formation of Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), while compounds 3 and 4 performed moderately in the ʟ-leucine-7-amido-4-methylcoumarin (ʟ-Leu-AMC) inhibition assay. These compounds represent the first secondary metabolites reported to occur in the fruiting bodies by Skeletocutis. Interestingly, tyromycin A (6) was found to be the only common metabolite in fruiting bodies and mycelial cultures of the fungus, and none of the recently reported skeletocutins from the culture of the same strain were detected in the basidiomes.
CitationBeilstein J Org Chem. 2019 Nov 19;15:2782-2789. doi: 10.3762/bjoc.15.270. eCollection 2019.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Skeletocutins A-L: Antibacterial Agents from the Kenyan Wood-Inhabiting Basidiomycete, <i>Skeletocutis</i> sp.
- Authors: Chepkirui C, Cheng T, Sum WC, Matasyoh JC, Decock C, Praditya DF, Wittstein K, Steinmann E, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 7
- Isolation and Characterization of Bioactive Metabolites from Fruiting Bodies and Mycelial Culture of Ganoderma oerstedii (Higher Basidiomycetes) from Mexico.
- Authors: Mendoza G, Suárez-Medellín J, Espinoza C, Ramos-Ligonio A, Fernández JJ, Norte M, Trigos Á
- Issue date: 2015
- Chemical composition and biological activity of extracts from fruiting bodies and mycelial cultures of Fomitopsis betulina.
- Authors: Sułkowska-Ziaja K, Szewczyk A, Galanty A, Gdula-Argasińska J, Muszyńska B
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Discovery of Antifungal and Biofilm Preventative Compounds from Mycelial Cultures of a Unique <i>North American Hericium</i> sp. Fungus.
- Authors: Song X, Gaascht F, Schmidt-Dannert C, Salomon CE
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 20
- Lanostane triterpenoids from fruiting bodies of basidiomycete Stereum sp., structures and biological activities.
- Authors: Yao JN, Chen L, Tang Y, Chen HP, Zhao ZZ, Li ZH, Feng T, Liu JK
- Issue date: 2017 Dec