Synthetic and Biologic Studies on New Urea and Triazole Containing Cystobactamid Derivatives.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Abstracthe cystobactamids belong to the group of arene-based oligoamides that effectively inhibit bacterial type IIa topoisomerases. Cystobactamid 861-2 is the most active member of these antibiotics. Most amide bonds present in the cystobactamids link benzoic acids with anilines and it was found that some of these amide bonds undergo chemical and enzymatic hydrolysis, especially the one linking ring C with ring D. This work reports on the chemical synthesis and biological evaluation of thirteen new cystobactamids that still contain the methoxyaspartate hinge unit. However, we exchanged selected amide bonds either by the urea or the triazole groups and modified ring A in the latter case. While hydrolytic stability could be improved with these structural substitutes, the high antibacterial potency of cystobactamid 861-2 could only be preserved in selected cases. This includes derivatives, in which the urea group is positioned between rings A and B and where the triazole is found between rings C and D.
CitationChemistry. 2019 Dec 13. doi: 10.1002/chem.201904073.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
JournalChemistry : a European journal
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Total Syntheses of Cystobactamids and Structural Confirmation of Cystobactamid 919-2.
- Authors: Cheng B, Müller R, Trauner D
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 2
- Antibacterial activity study of 1,2,4-triazole derivatives.
- Authors: Gao F, Wang T, Xiao J, Huang G
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 1
- Conformational control of selectivity and stability in hybrid amide/urea macrocycles.
- Authors: Brooks SJ, García-Garrido SE, Light ME, Cole PA, Gale PA
- Issue date: 2007
- Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of antibacterial activity of (E)-N'-(substituted benzylidene)-2-(2-fluorobenzyl)-5-ethyl-2H-1,2,3-triazole-4-carbohydrazides.
- Authors: Reddy PV, Kamala Prasad V, Manjunath G, Venkata Ramana P
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Synthesis, antibacterial properties and 2D-QSAR studies of quinolone-triazole conjugates.
- Authors: Faidallah HM, Girgis AS, Tiwari AD, Honkanadavar HH, Thomas SJ, Samir A, Kalmouch A, Alamry KA, Khan KA, Ibrahim TS, Al-Mahmoudy AMM, Asiri AM, Panda SS
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 1