Benzanthric Acid, a Novel Metabolite From Del14 Expressing the Nybomycin Gene Cluster.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStreptomycetes constitute a diverse bacterial group able to produce a wide variety of secondary metabolites with potential applications in the pharmacy industry. However, the genes responsible for the biosynthesis of these compounds are very frequently inactive or expressed at very low levels under standard laboratory cultivation conditions. Therefore, the activation or upregulation of secondary metabolite biosynthesis genes is a crucial step for the discovery of new bioactive natural products. We have recently reported the discovery of the biosynthetic genes for the antibiotic nybomycin (nyb genes) in Streptomyces albus subsp. chlorinus. The nyb genes were expressed in the heterologous host Streptomyces albus Del14, which produces not only nybomycin, but also a novel compound. In this study, we describe the isolation, purification, and structure elucidation of the new substance named benzanthric acid.
CitationFront Chem. 2020 Jan 10;7:896. doi: 10.3389/fchem.2019.00896. eCollection 2019.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
JournalFrontiers in Chemistry
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Heterologous Expression of the Nybomycin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain <i>Streptomyces albus</i> subsp. <i>chlorinus</i> NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Myronovskyi M, Gummerlich N, Nadmid S, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 4
- Generation of a cluster-free Streptomyces albus chassis strains for improved heterologous expression of secondary metabolite clusters.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Nadmid S, Pujic P, Normand P, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Dudomycins: New Secondary Metabolites Produced After Heterologous Expression of an Nrps Cluster from <i>Streptomyces albus</i> ssp. <i>Chlorinus</i> Nrrl B-24108.
- Authors: Lasch C, Stierhof M, Estévez MR, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 16
- Novel Fredericamycin Variant Overproduced by a Streptomycin-resistant <i>Streptomyces</i> <i>albus</i> subsp. <i>chlorinus</i> Strain.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Paululat T, Petzke L, Ristau J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 May 28
- Identification and Heterologous Expression of the Albucidin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain <i>Streptomyces Albus</i> Subsp. <i>Chlorinus</i> NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Stierhof M, Petzke L, Seiser T, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 10