Knockdown of Virus Antigen Expression Increases Therapeutic Vaccine Efficacy in High-titer HBV Carrier Mice.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Kosinska, Anna D
Guzman, Carlos A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn both models of HBV infection, mice that express hepatocyte-specific small hairpin RNAs or that were given subcutaneous injections of siRNAs had reduced levels of HBV antigens, HBV replication, and viremia (1-3 log10 reduction), compared to mice given control RNAs. Vaccination induced production of HBV-neutralizing antibodies, and increased numbers and functionality of HBV-specific, CD8+ T-cells in mice with low, but not in mice with high levels of HBV antigen. Mice with initially high titers of HBV and knockdown of HBV antigen expression, but not mice with reduced viremia following administration of entecavir, developed polyfunctional, HBV-specific CD8+ T cells and HBV was eliminated.
CitationGastroenterology. 2020 Jan 28. pii: S0016-5085(20)30125-6. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2020.01.032.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- A Highly Attenuated Vesicular Stomatitis Virus-Based Vaccine Platform Controls Hepatitis B Virus Replication in Mouse Models of Hepatitis B.
- Authors: Moshkani S, Chiale C, Lang SM, Rose JK, Robek MD
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 1
- Protein-prime/modified vaccinia virus Ankara vector-boost vaccination overcomes tolerance in high-antigenemic HBV-transgenic mice.
- Authors: Backes S, Jäger C, Dembek CJ, Kosinska AD, Bauer T, Stephan AS, Dišlers A, Mutwiri G, Busch DH, Babiuk LA, Gasteiger G, Protzer U
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 10
- Combined GS-4774 and Tenofovir Therapy Can Improve HBV-Specific T-Cell Responses in Patients With Chronic Hepatitis.
- Authors: Boni C, Janssen HLA, Rossi M, Yoon SK, Vecchi A, Barili V, Yoshida EM, Trinh H, Rodell TC, Laccabue D, Alfieri A, Brillo F, Fisicaro P, Acerbi G, Pedrazzi G, Andreone P, Cursaro C, Margotti M, Santoro R, Piazzolla V, Brunetto MR, Coco B, Cavallone D, Zhao Y, Joshi A, Woo J, Lau AH, Gaggar A, Subramanian GM, Massetto B, Fung S, Ahn SH, Ma X, Mangia A, Ferrari C
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Virus-Like Vesicle-Based Therapeutic Vaccine Vectors for Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Infection.
- Authors: Reynolds TD, Buonocore L, Rose NF, Rose JK, Robek MD
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- IL-12-based vaccination therapy reverses liver-induced systemic tolerance in a mouse model of hepatitis B virus carrier.
- Authors: Zeng Z, Kong X, Li F, Wei H, Sun R, Tian Z
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 15