Identification and Heterologous Expression of the Albucidin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain Subsp. NRRL B-24108.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHerbicides with new modes of action and safer toxicological and environmental profiles are needed to manage the evolution of weeds that are resistant to commercial herbicides. The unparalleled structural diversity of natural products makes these compounds a promising source for new herbicides. In 2009, a novel nucleoside phytotoxin, albucidin, with broad activity against grass and broadleaf weeds was isolated from a strain of Streptomyces albus subsp. chlorinus NRRL B-24108. Here, we report the identification and heterologous expression of the previously uncharacterized albucidin gene cluster. Through a series of gene inactivation experiments, a minimal set of albucidin biosynthetic genes was determined. Based on gene annotation and sequence homology, a model for albucidin biosynthesis was suggested. The presented results enable the construction of producer strains for a sustainable supply of albucidin for biological activity studies.
CitationMicroorganisms. 2020 Feb 10;8(2). pii: microorganisms8020237. doi: 10.3390/microorganisms8020237.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Albucidin: a novel bleaching herbicide from Streptomyces albus subsp. chlorinus NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Hahn DR, Graupner PR, Chapin E, Gray J, Heim D, Gilbert JR, Gerwick BC
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Dudomycins: New Secondary Metabolites Produced After Heterologous Expression of an Nrps Cluster from <i>Streptomyces albus</i> ssp. <i>Chlorinus</i> Nrrl B-24108.
- Authors: Lasch C, Stierhof M, Estévez MR, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 16
- Heterologous Expression of the Nybomycin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain <i>Streptomyces albus</i> subsp. <i>chlorinus</i> NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Myronovskyi M, Gummerlich N, Nadmid S, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 4
- Benzanthric Acid, a Novel Metabolite From <i>Streptomyces albus</i> Del14 Expressing the Nybomycin Gene Cluster.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Gummerlich N, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2019
- Generation of a cluster-free Streptomyces albus chassis strains for improved heterologous expression of secondary metabolite clusters.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Nadmid S, Pujic P, Normand P, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep