Alpha-Glucosidase- and Lipase-Inhibitory Phenalenones from a New Species of Originating from Thailand.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsMacabeo, Allan Patrick G
Pilapil, Luis Agustin E
Garcia, Katherine Yasmin M
Quimque, Mark Tristan J
Cruz, Allaine Jean C
Hyde, Kevin D
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe alpha-glucosidase- and lipase-inhibitory activities of three phenalenones (1-3) and one phenylpropanoid (4) from the ethyl acetate extracts of a Pseudolophiosptoma sp. are described. They represent the first secondary metabolites reported from the genus Pseudolophiostoma. Scleroderolide (1) and sclerodione (2) exhibited potent α-glucosidase- and porcine-lipase-inhibitory activity during primary screening, with better IC50 values compared to the positive controls, N-deoxynojirimycin and orlistat. In silico techniques were employed to validate the probable biological targets and elucidate the mechanism of actions of phenalenones 1 and 2. Both compounds exhibited strong binding affinities to both alpha-glucosidase and porcine lipase through H-bonding and π-π interactions. Interestingly, favorable in silico ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion) properties such as gastrointestinal absorption were also predicted using software.
CitationMolecules. 2020 Feb 20;25(4). pii: molecules25040965. doi: 10.3390/molecules25040965.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Boerhaavia diffusa inhibits key enzymes linked to type 2 diabetes in vitro and in silico; and modulates abdominal glucose absorption and muscle glucose uptake ex vivo.
- Authors: Oyebode OA, Erukainure OL, Chukwuma CI, Ibeji CU, Koorbanally NA, Islam S
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- The multi-targets integrated fingerprinting for screening anti-diabetic compounds from a Chinese medicine Jinqi Jiangtang Tablet.
- Authors: Chang YX, Ge AH, Donnapee S, Li J, Bai Y, Liu J, He J, Yang X, Song LJ, Zhang BL, Gao XM
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 22
- Chemical profiling of secondary metabolites from Himatanthus drasticus (Mart.) Plumel latex with inhibitory action against the enzymes α-amylase and α-glucosidase: In vitro and in silico assays.
- Authors: Morais FS, Canuto KM, Ribeiro PRV, Silva AB, Pessoa ODL, Freitas CDT, Alencar NMN, Oliveira AC, Ramos MV
- Issue date: 2020 May 10
- Phenolic antioxidants in some Vigna species of legumes and their distinct inhibitory effects on α-glucosidase and pancreatic lipase activities.
- Authors: Sreerama YN, Takahashi Y, Yamaki K
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- [Screening of pancreatic lipase and alpha-glucosidase inhibitors from Chinese dietary herbs].
- Authors: Sun X, Zhang K, Ji X, Wang Y, Jeffrey Z, Tong Y, Gao H, Zhang J, Wang Z
- Issue date: 2012 May