An Integrated Metagenome Catalog Reveals New Insights into the Murine Gut Microbiome.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsLesker, Till R
Durairaj, Abilash C
Gálvez, Eric J C
Baines, John F
McHardy, Alice C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe complexity of host-associated microbial ecosystems requires host-specific reference catalogs to survey the functions and diversity of these communities. We generate a comprehensive resource, the integrated mouse gut metagenome catalog (iMGMC), comprising 4.6 million unique genes and 660 metagenome-assembled genomes (MAGs), many (485 MAGs, 73%) of which are linked to reconstructed full-length 16S rRNA gene sequences. iMGMC enables unprecedented coverage and taxonomic resolution of the mouse gut microbiota; i.e., more than 92% of MAGs lack species-level representatives in public repositories (<95% ANI match). The integration of MAGs and 16S rRNA gene data allows more accurate prediction of functional profiles of communities than predictions based on 16S rRNA amplicons alone. Accompanying iMGMC, we provide a set of MAGs representing 1,296 gut bacteria obtained through complementary assembly strategies. We envision that integrated resources such as iMGMC, together with MAG collections, will enhance the resolution of numerous existing and future sequencing-based studies.
CitationCell Rep. 2020 Mar 3;30(9):2909-2922.e6. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.02.036.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- An Expanded Gene Catalog of Mouse Gut Metagenomes.
- Authors: Zhu J, Ren H, Zhong H, Li X, Zou Y, Han M, Li M, Madsen L, Kristiansen K, Xiao L
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 24
- Expanded catalog of microbial genes and metagenome-assembled genomes from the pig gut microbiome.
- Authors: Chen C, Zhou Y, Fu H, Xiong X, Fang S, Jiang H, Wu J, Yang H, Gao J, Huang L
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 17
- Comparison of reduced metagenome and 16S rRNA gene sequencing for determination of genetic diversity and mother-child overlap of the gut associated microbiota.
- Authors: Ravi A, Avershina E, Angell IL, Ludvigsen J, Manohar P, Padmanaban S, Nachimuthu R, Snipen L, Rudi K
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- An integrated gene catalog and over 10,000 metagenome-assembled genomes from the gastrointestinal microbiome of ruminants.
- Authors: Xie F, Jin W, Si H, Yuan Y, Tao Y, Liu J, Wang X, Yang C, Li Q, Yan X, Lin L, Jiang Q, Zhang L, Guo C, Greening C, Heller R, Guan LL, Pope PB, Tan Z, Zhu W, Wang M, Qiu Q, Li Z, Mao S
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 12
- A unified catalog of 204,938 reference genomes from the human gut microbiome.
- Authors: Almeida A, Nayfach S, Boland M, Strozzi F, Beracochea M, Shi ZJ, Pollard KS, Sakharova E, Parks DH, Hugenholtz P, Segata N, Kyrpides NC, Finn RD
- Issue date: 2021 Jan