Lignipirellula cremea gen. nov., sp. nov., a planctomycete isolated from wood particles in a brackish river estuary.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsPeeters, Stijn H
Jetten, Mike S M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel planctomycetal strain, designated Pla85_3_4T, was isolated from the surface of wood incubated at the discharge of a wastewater treatment plant in the Warnow river near Rostock, Germany. Cells of the novel strain have a cell envelope architecture resembling that of Gram-negative bacteria, are round to pear-shaped (length: 2.2 ± 0.4 µm, width: 1.2 ± 0.3 µm), form aggregates and divide by polar budding. Colonies have a cream colour. Strain Pla85_3_4T grows at ranges of 10-30 °C (optimum 26 °C) and at pH 6.5-10.0 (optimum 7.5), and has a doubling time of 26 h. Phylogenetically, strain Pla85_3_4T (DSM 103796T = LMG 29741T) is concluded to represent a novel species of a novel genus within the family Pirellulaceae, for which we propose the name Lignipirellula cremea gen. nov., sp. nov.
CitationAntonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2020 Apr 1. pii: 10.1007/s10482-020-01407-4. doi: 10.1007/s10482-020-01407-4.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr.7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalAntonie van Leeuwenhoek
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Description of the novel planctomycetal genus Bremerella, containing Bremerella volcania sp. nov., isolated from an active volcanic site, and reclassification of Blastopirellula cremea as Bremerella cremea comb. nov.
- Authors: Rensink S, Wiegand S, Kallscheuer N, Rast P, Peeters SH, Heuer A, Boedeker C, Jetten MSM, Rohde M, Jogler M, Jogler C
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 1
- Description of Polystyrenella longa gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from polystyrene particles incubated in the Baltic Sea.
- Authors: Peeters SH, Wiegand S, Kallscheuer N, Jogler M, Heuer A, Jetten MSM, Boedeker C, Rohde M, Jogler C
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 1
- Aureliella helgolandensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel Planctomycete isolated from a jellyfish at the shore of the island Helgoland.
- Authors: Kallscheuer N, Wiegand S, Boedeker C, Peeters SH, Jogler M, Rast P, Heuer A, Jetten MSM, Rohde M, Jogler C
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 27
- Maioricimonas rarisocia gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel planctomycete isolated from marine sediments close to Mallorca Island.
- Authors: Rivas-Marin E, Wiegand S, Kallscheuer N, Jogler M, Peeters SH, Heuer A, Jetten MSM, Boedeker C, Rohde M, Devos DP, Jogler C
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 25
- Three novel Rubripirellula species isolated from plastic particles submerged in the Baltic Sea and the estuary of the river Warnow in northern Germany.
- Authors: Kallscheuer N, Jogler M, Wiegand S, Peeters SH, Heuer A, Boedeker C, Jetten MSM, Rohde M, Jogler C
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 5