Lanyamycin, a macrolide antibiotic from Sorangium cellulosum, strain Soce 481 (Myxobacteria)
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsMulwa, Lucky S.
Praditya, Dimas F.
Mohr, Kathrin I.
Okanya, Patrick W.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLanyamycin (1/2), a secondary metabolite occurring as two epimers, was isolated from the myxobacterium Sorangium cellulosum, strain Soce 481. The structures of both epimers were elucidated from HRESIMS and 1D and 2D NMR data and the relative configuration of their macrolactone ring was assigned based on NOE and vicinal 1H NMR coupling constants and by calculation of a 3D model. Lanyamycin inhibited HCV infection into mammalian liver cells with an IC50 value of 11.8 µM, and exhibited a moderate cytotoxic activity against the mouse fibroblast cell line L929 and the human nasopharyngeal cell line KB3 with IC50 values of 3.1 and 1.5 μM, respectively, and also suppressed the growth of the Gram-positive bacterium Micrococcus luteus.
CitationBeilstein J Org Chem. 2018 Jun 26;14:1554-1562. doi: 10.3762/bjoc.14.132. eCollection 2018.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
SponsorsDeutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Sorazolons, Carbazole Alkaloids from Sorangium cellulosum Strain Soce375.
- Authors: Karwehl S, Jansen R, Huch V, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 26
- Sulfangolids, macrolide sulfate esters from Sorangium cellulosum.
- Authors: Zander W, Irschik H, Augustiniak H, Herrmann M, Jansen R, Steinmetz H, Gerth K, Kessler W, Kalesse M, Höfle G, Müller R
- Issue date: 2012 May 14
- Thuggacins, macrolide antibiotics active against Mycobacterium tuberculosis: isolation from myxobacteria, structure elucidation, conformation analysis and biosynthesis.
- Authors: Steinmetz H, Irschik H, Kunze B, Reichenbach H, Höfle G, Jansen R
- Issue date: 2007
- Characterisation, genome size and genetic manipulation of the myxobacterium Sorangium cellulosum So ce56.
- Authors: Pradella S, Hans A, Spröer C, Reichenbach H, Gerth K, Beyer S
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- The jerangolids: A family of new antifungal compounds from Sorangium cellulosum (Myxobacteria). Production, physico-chemical and biological properties of jerangolid A.
- Authors: Gerth K, Washausen P, Hofle G, Irschik H, Reichenbach H
- Issue date: 1996 Jan