Synergistic activity of IDH1 inhibitor BAY1436032 with azacitidine in IDH1 mutant acute myeloid leukemia.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Borchert, Nora M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMutant IDH1 (mIDH1) inhibitors have shown single-agent activity in relapsed/refractory AML, though most patients eventually relapse. We evaluated the efficacy and molecular mechanism of the combination treatment with azacitidine, which is currently the standard of care in older AML patients, and mIDH1 inhibitor BAY1436032. Both compounds were evaluated in vivo as single agents and in combination with sequential (azacitidine, followed by BAY1436032) or simultaneous application in two human IDH1 mutated AML xenograft models. Combination treatment significantly prolonged survival compared to single agent or control treatment (P<.005). The sequential combination treatment depleted leukemia stem cells (LSC) by 470-fold. Interestingly, the simultaneous combination treatment depleted LSCs by 33,150-fold compared to control mice. This strong synergy is mediated through inhibition of MAPK/ERK and RB/E2F signaling. Our data strongly argues for the concurrent application of mIDH1 inhibitors and azacitidine and predicts improved outcome of this regimen in IDH1 mutated AML patients.
CitationHaematologica. 2020;haematol.2019.236992. doi:10.3324/haematol.2019.236992.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
PublisherFerrraata Storti Foundation
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Pan-mutant-IDH1 inhibitor BAY1436032 is highly effective against human IDH1 mutant acute myeloid leukemia in vivo.
- Authors: Chaturvedi A, Herbst L, Pusch S, Klett L, Goparaju R, Stichel D, Kaulfuss S, Panknin O, Zimmermann K, Toschi L, Neuhaus R, Haegebarth A, Rehwinkel H, Hess-Stumpp H, Bauser M, Bochtler T, Struys EA, Sharma A, Bakkali A, Geffers R, Araujo-Cruz MM, Thol F, Gabdoulline R, Ganser A, Ho AD, von Deimling A, Rippe K, Heuser M, Krämer A
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Non-Invasive Measurement of Drug and 2-HG Signals Using <sup>19</sup>F and <sup>1</sup>H MR Spectroscopy in Brain Tumors Treated with the Mutant IDH1 Inhibitor BAY1436032.
- Authors: Wenger KJ, Richter C, Burger MC, Urban H, Kaulfuss S, Harter PN, Sreeramulu S, Schwalbe H, Steinbach JP, Hattingen E, Bähr O, Pilatus U
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 29
- Safety and efficacy of BAY1436032 in IDH1-mutant AML: phase I study results.
- Authors: Heuser M, Palmisiano N, Mantzaris I, Mims A, DiNardo C, Silverman LR, Wang ES, Fiedler W, Baldus C, Schwind S, Pardee T, Perl AE, Cai C, Kaulfuss S, Lagkadinou E, Rentzsch C, Wagner M, Wilkinson G, Wu B, Jeffers M, Genvresse I, Krämer A
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Mutant Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1 Inhibitor Ivosidenib in Combination With Azacitidine for Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Authors: DiNardo CD, Stein AS, Stein EM, Fathi AT, Frankfurt O, Schuh AC, Döhner H, Martinelli G, Patel PA, Raffoux E, Tan P, Zeidan AM, de Botton S, Kantarjian HM, Stone RM, Frattini MG, Lersch F, Gong J, Gianolio DA, Zhang V, Franovic A, Fan B, Goldwasser M, Daigle S, Choe S, Wu B, Winkler T, Vyas P
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 1
- Molecular mechanisms mediating relapse following ivosidenib monotherapy in IDH1-mutant relapsed or refractory AML.
- Authors: Choe S, Wang H, DiNardo CD, Stein EM, de Botton S, Roboz GJ, Altman JK, Mims AS, Watts JM, Pollyea DA, Fathi AT, Tallman MS, Kantarjian HM, Stone RM, Quek L, Konteatis Z, Dang L, Nicolay B, Nejad P, Liu G, Zhang V, Liu H, Goldwasser M, Liu W, Marks K, Bowden C, Biller SA, Attar EC, Wu B
- Issue date: 2020 May 12