New Peptaibiotics and a Cyclodepsipeptide from : Isolation, Identification, Cytotoxic and Nematicidal Activities.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsMoussa, Ashaimaa Y
Stradal, Theresia E B
Helaly, Soleiman E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFungal associations with nematodes have attracted scientific attention because of the need to develop new biocontrol agents. In this context, Ijuhya vitellina, an antagonistic fungus previously isolated from the plant parasitic cyst nematode Heterodera filipjevi, was selected to carry out an in-depth metabolomic study for its active metabolites. Herein, three new nonapeptide peptaibols with leucinostatin based sequences were isolated and identified by 1, 2D NMR, and HR-ESI-MS-MS. The absolute configuration was assigned based on Marfay's analysis and Mosher ester formation. The new leucinostatins manifested moderate nematicidal effect against the plant pathogenic nematode Pratylenchus penetrans with LD90 values ranging from 5 to 7 µg/mL. Furthermore, a cyclodepsipeptide, named arthrichitin D, with five amino acid residues attached to a 3-hydroxy-2,4-dimethylhexadeca-4,6-dienoic fatty acid chain was discovered and showed weak nematicidal effect against Caenorhabditis elegans. Chaetoglobosin B and its 19-O-acetyl derivative were also obtained as minor metabolites, and the activity of chaetoglobosin B on the actin cytoskeleton of mammalian cells was assessed.
CitationAntibiotics (Basel). 2020;9(3):132. Published 2020 Mar 22. doi:10.3390/antibiotics9030132.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalAntibiotics (Basel, Switzerland)
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Ijuhya vitellina sp. nov., a novel source for chaetoglobosin A, is a destructive parasite of the cereal cyst nematode Heterodera filipjevi.
- Authors: Ashrafi S, Helaly S, Schroers HJ, Stadler M, Richert-Poeggeler KR, Dababat AA, Maier W
- Issue date: 2017
- Nematicidal Cyclic Lipodepsipeptides and a Xanthocillin Derivative from a Phaeosphariaceous Fungus Parasitizing Eggs of the Plant Parasitic Nematode Heterodera filipjevi.
- Authors: Helaly SE, Ashrafi S, Teponno RB, Bernecker S, Dababat AA, Maier W, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 26
- Bioassay Directed Fractionation of Petroleum Ether Extract of Aerial Parts of Ceriops tagal: Isolation of Lupeol as the Nematicidal Agent against Cyst Nematode Heterodera zeae.
- Authors: Ahmad A, Siddiqui PJA, Fayyaz S, Khan K, Iqbal EY, Rasheed M, Muzafar W, Faizi S
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- Nematicidal activity of 5-hydroxymethyl-2-furoic acid against plant-parasitic nematodes.
- Authors: Kimura Y, Tani S, Hayashi A, Ohtani K, Fujioka S, Kawano T, Shimada A
- Issue date: 2007 Mar-Apr
- Fumiquinones A and B, nematicidal quinones produced by Aspergillus fumigatus.
- Authors: Hayashi A, Fujioka S, Nukina M, Kawano T, Shimada A, Kimura Y
- Issue date: 2007 Jul