Polyhalonitrobutadienes as Versatile Building Blocks for the Biotargeted Synthesis of Substituted N-Heterocyclic Compounds.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSubstituted nitrogen heterocycles are structural key units in many important pharmaceuticals. A new synthetic approach towards heterocyclic compounds displaying antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus or cytotoxic activity has been developed. The selective synthesis of a series of 64 new N-heterocycles from the three nitrobutadienes 2-nitroperchloro-1,3-butadiene, 4-bromotetrachloro-2-nitro-1,3-butadiene and (Z)-1,1,4-trichloro-2,4-dinitrobuta-1,3-diene proved feasible. Their reactions with N-, O- and S-nucleophiles provide rapid access to push-pull substituted benzoxazolines, benzimidazolines, imidazolidines, thiazolidinones, pyrazoles, pyrimidines, pyridopyrimidines, benzoquinolines, isothiazoles, dihydroisoxazoles, and thiophenes with unique substitution patterns. Antibacterial activities of 64 synthesized compounds were examined. Additionally, seven compounds (thiazolidinone, nitropyrimidine, indole, pyridopyrimidine, and thiophene derivatives) exhibited a significant cytotoxicity with IC50-values from 1.05 to 20.1 µM. In conclusion, it was demonstrated that polyhalonitrobutadienes have an interesting potential as structural backbones for a variety of highly functionalized, pharmaceutically active heterocycles.
CitationMolecules. 2020;25(12):2863. Published 2020 Jun 21. doi:10.3390/molecules25122863.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalMolecules (Basel, Switzerland)
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Enaminonitrile in heterocyclic synthesis: synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some new pyrazole, isoxazole and pyrimidine derivatives incorporating a benzothiazole moiety.
- Authors: Bondock S, Fadaly W, Metwally MA
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Synthesis and evaluation of anticancer benzoxazoles and benzimidazoles related to UK-1.
- Authors: Kumar D, Jacob MR, Reynolds MB, Kerwin SM
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- 1,1'-(3-methyl-4-phenylthieno[2,3-b]thiophene-2,5-diyl)diethanone as a building block in heterocyclic synthesis. Novel synthesis of some pyrazole and pyrimidine derivatives.
- Authors: Mabkhot YN, Al-Majid AM, Barakat A, Alshahrani S, Siddiqui Y
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 3
- Design, synthesis, antimicrobial activity and computational studies of novel azo linked substituted benzimidazole, benzoxazole and benzothiazole derivatives.
- Authors: Mishra VR, Ghanavatkar CW, Mali SN, Qureshi SI, Chaudhari HK, Sekar N
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Palladium-Catalyzed Direct Cyclopropylation of Heterocycles.
- Authors: Wu X, Lei C, Yue G, Zhou JS
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 10