Establishment of porcine and human expanded potential stem cells.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Chen, Andy Chun Hang
Eckersley-Maslin, Melanie A
Lee, Yin Lau
Campos, Lia S
Kimber, Susan J
Tam, Patrick P L
Yeung, William Shu Biu
Teichmann, Sarah A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe recently derived mouse expanded potential stem cells (EPSCs) from individual blastomeres by inhibiting the critical molecular pathways that predispose their differentiation. EPSCs had enriched molecular signatures of blastomeres and possessed developmental potency for all embryonic and extra-embryonic cell lineages. Here, we report the derivation of porcine EPSCs, which express key pluripotency genes, are genetically stable, permit genome editing, differentiate to derivatives of the three germ layers in chimeras and produce primordial germ cell-like cells in vitro. Under similar conditions, human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells can be converted, or somatic cells directly reprogrammed, to EPSCs that display the molecular and functional attributes reminiscent of porcine EPSCs. Importantly, trophoblast stem-cell-like cells can be generated from both human and porcine EPSCs. Our pathway-inhibition paradigm thus opens an avenue for generating mammalian pluripotent stem cells, and EPSCs present a unique cellular platform for translational research in biotechnology and regenerative medicine.
CitationNat Cell Biol. 2019;21(6):687-699. doi:10.1038/s41556-019-0333-2.
AffiliationTWINCORE, Zentrum für experimentelle und klinische Infektionsforschung GmbH,Feodor-Lynen Str. 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany.
PublisherNature publishing group(NPG)
JournalNature cell biology
PubMed Central IDPMC7035105
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- In vitro establishment of expanded-potential stem cells from mouse pre-implantation embryos or embryonic stem cells.
- Authors: Yang J, Ryan DJ, Lan G, Zou X, Liu P
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Capturing Pluripotency and Beyond.
- Authors: Yeh CY, Huang WH, Chen HC, Meir YJ
- Issue date: 2021 Dec 16
- Apoptosis in Porcine Pluripotent Cells: From ICM to iPSCs.
- Authors: Kim E, Hyun SH
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 12
- Primed pluripotent cell lines derived from various embryonic origins and somatic cells in pig.
- Authors: Park JK, Kim HS, Uh KJ, Choi KH, Kim HM, Lee T, Yang BC, Kim HJ, Ka HH, Kim H, Lee CK
- Issue date: 2013
- Establishing the human naïve pluripotent state.
- Authors: Manor YS, Massarwa R, Hanna JH
- Issue date: 2015 Oct