Novel Compounds Targeting the RNA-Binding Protein HuR. Structure-Based Design, Synthesis, and Interaction Studies.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsDella Volpe, Serena
Unver, M Yagiz
Jumde, Varsha K
Ambrosio, Francesca Alessandra
Di Giacomo, Marcello
Hirsch, Anna K H
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe key role of RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) in regulating post-transcriptional processes and their involvement in several pathologies (i.e., cancer and neurodegeneration) have highlighted their potential as therapeutic targets. In this scenario, Embryonic Lethal Abnormal Vision (ELAV) or Hu proteins and their complexes with target mRNAs have been gaining growing attention. Compounds able to modulate the complex stability could constitute an innovative pharmacological strategy for the treatment of numerous diseases. Nevertheless, medicinal-chemistry efforts aimed at developing such compounds are still at an early stage. As part of our ongoing research in this field, we hereby present the rational design and synthesis of structurally novel HuR ligands, potentially acting as HuR-RNA interferers. The following assessment of the structural features of their interaction with HuR, combining saturation-transfer difference NMR and in silico studies, provides a guide for further research on the development of new effective interfering compounds of the HuR-RNA complex.
CitationACS Med Chem Lett. 2019;10(4):615-620. Published 2019 Jan 21. doi:10.1021/acsmedchemlett.8b00600.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
JournalACS medicinal chemistry letters
PubMed Central IDPMC6466816
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Exploration of ligand binding modes towards the identification of compounds targeting HuR: a combined STD-NMR and Molecular Modelling approach.
- Authors: Vasile F, Della Volpe S, Ambrosio FA, Costa G, Unver MY, Zucal C, Rossi D, Martino E, Provenzani A, Hirsch AKH, Alcaro S, Potenza D, Collina S
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 13
- BOPC1 Enantiomers Preparation and HuR Interaction Study. From Molecular Modeling to a Curious DEEP-STD NMR Application.
- Authors: Volpe SD, Listro R, Parafioriti M, Di Giacomo M, Rossi D, Ambrosio FA, Costa G, Alcaro S, Ortuso F, Hirsch AKH, Vasile F, Collina S
- Issue date: 2020 May 14
- Multiple functions of the RNA-binding protein HuR in cancer progression, treatment responses and prognosis.
- Authors: Wang J, Guo Y, Chu H, Guan Y, Bi J, Wang B
- Issue date: 2013 May 10
- Protein ligands to HuR modulate its interaction with target mRNAs in vivo.
- Authors: Brennan CM, Gallouzi IE, Steitz JA
- Issue date: 2000 Oct 2
- The C-terminal RNA binding motif of HuR is a multi-functional domain leading to HuR oligomerization and binding to U-rich RNA targets.
- Authors: Scheiba RM, de Opakua AI, Díaz-Quintana A, Cruz-Gallardo I, Martínez-Cruz LA, Martínez-Chantar ML, Blanco FJ, Díaz-Moreno I
- Issue date: 2014