Identification of a Biosynthetic Gene Cluster Responsible for the Production of a New Pyrrolopyrimidine Natural Product-Huimycin.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPyrrolopyrimidines are an important class of natural products with a broad spectrum of biological activities, including antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, anticancer or anti-inflammatory. Here, we present the identification of a biosynthetic gene cluster from the rare actinomycete strain Kutzneria albida DSM 43870, which leads to the production of huimycin, a new member of the pyrrolopyrimidine family of compounds. The huimycin gene cluster was successfully expressed in the heterologous host strain Streptomyces albus Del14. The compound was purified, and its structure was elucidated by means of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. The minimal huimycin gene cluster was identified through sequence analysis and a series of gene deletion experiments. A model for huimycin biosynthesis is also proposed in this paper.
CitationBiomolecules. 2020;10(7):E1074. Published 2020 Jul 18. doi:10.3390/biom10071074.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Generation of a cluster-free Streptomyces albus chassis strains for improved heterologous expression of secondary metabolite clusters.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Nadmid S, Pujic P, Normand P, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Engineering Salinispora tropica for heterologous expression of natural product biosynthetic gene clusters.
- Authors: Zhang JJ, Moore BS, Tang X
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Engineering of Streptomyces lividans for heterologous expression of secondary metabolite gene clusters.
- Authors: Ahmed Y, Rebets Y, Estévez MR, Zapp J, Myronovskyi M, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 9
- Genome Mining of Amino Group Carrier Protein-Mediated Machinery: Discovery and Biosynthetic Characterization of a Natural Product with Unique Hydrazone Unit.
- Authors: Matsuda K, Hasebe F, Shiwa Y, Kanesaki Y, Tomita T, Yoshikawa H, Shin-Ya K, Kuzuyama T, Nishiyama M
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 20
- Direct capture and heterologous expression of Salinispora natural product genes for the biosynthesis of enterocin.
- Authors: Bonet B, Teufel R, Crüsemann M, Ziemert N, Moore BS
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 27