Identification of a Biosynthetic Gene Cluster Responsible for the Production of a New Pyrrolopyrimidine Natural Product-Huimycin.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPyrrolopyrimidines are an important class of natural products with a broad spectrum of biological activities, including antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, anticancer or anti-inflammatory. Here, we present the identification of a biosynthetic gene cluster from the rare actinomycete strain Kutzneria albida DSM 43870, which leads to the production of huimycin, a new member of the pyrrolopyrimidine family of compounds. The huimycin gene cluster was successfully expressed in the heterologous host strain Streptomyces albus Del14. The compound was purified, and its structure was elucidated by means of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. The minimal huimycin gene cluster was identified through sequence analysis and a series of gene deletion experiments. A model for huimycin biosynthesis is also proposed in this paper.
CitationBiomolecules. 2020;10(7):E1074. Published 2020 Jul 18. doi:10.3390/biom10071074.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Generation of a cluster-free Streptomyces albus chassis strains for improved heterologous expression of secondary metabolite clusters.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Nadmid S, Pujic P, Normand P, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Identification and Heterologous Expression of the Albucidin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain <i>Streptomyces Albus</i> Subsp. <i>Chlorinus</i> NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Stierhof M, Petzke L, Seiser T, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 10
- Complete genome sequence of producer of the glycopeptide antibiotic Aculeximycin Kutzneria albida DSM 43870T, a representative of minor genus of Pseudonocardiaceae.
- Authors: Rebets Y, Tokovenko B, Lushchyk I, Rückert C, Zaburannyi N, Bechthold A, Kalinowski J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 10
- Benzanthric Acid, a Novel Metabolite From <i>Streptomyces albus</i> Del14 Expressing the Nybomycin Gene Cluster.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Gummerlich N, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2019
- High-Yield Production of Herbicidal Thaxtomins and Thaxtomin Analogs in a Nonpathogenic Streptomyces Strain.
- Authors: Jiang G, Zhang Y, Powell MM, Zhang P, Zuo R, Zhang Y, Kallifidas D, Tieu AM, Luesch H, Loria R, Ding Y
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 1