Isolation and identification of Streptomyces sp. Act4Zk, a good producer of Staurosporine and some derivatives.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this study, strain Streptomyces sp. Act4Zk was isolated based on a method developed for the isolation of myxobacteria. Due to the low efficiency of the majority of conventional DNA extraction techniques, for molecular identification of the strain Streptomyces sp. Act4Zk, a new technique for DNA extraction of Actinobacteria was developed. In order to explore potential bioactivities of the strain, extracts of the fermented broth culture were prepared by an organic solvent (i.e. ethyl acetate) extraction method using. These ethyl acetate extracts were subjected to HPLC fractionation against standard micro-organisms, followed by LC/MS analysis. Based on morphological, physiological, biochemical and 16S rRNA gene sequence data, strain Streptomyces sp. Act4Zk is likely to be a new species of Streptomyces, close to Streptomyces genecies and Streptomyces roseolilacinus. Antimicrobial assay indicated high antifungal activity as well as antibacterial activity against Mycobacterium smegmatis and Gram-positive bacteria for the new strain. HPLC and LC/MS analyses of the extracts led to the identification of three different compounds and confirmed our hypothesis that the interesting species of the genus Streptomyces being a good producer of staurosporine and some derivatives.
CitationLett Appl Microbiol. 2020 Oct 15. doi: 10.1111/lam.13415. Epub ahead of print.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
PublisherSociety for Applied Microbiology
JournalLetters in applied microbiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Production of potent antimicrobial agent by actinomycete, Streptomyces sannanensis strain SU118 isolated from phoomdi in Loktak Lake of Manipur, India.
- Authors: Singh LS, Sharma H, Talukdar NC
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 19
- Purification and structure elucidation of antifungal and antibacterial activities of newly isolated Streptomyces sp. strain US80.
- Authors: Fourati-Ben Fguira L, Fotso S, Ben Ameur-Mehdi R, Mellouli L, Laatsch H
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Efficient transformation procedure of a newly isolated Streptomyces sp. TN58 strain producing antibacterial activities.
- Authors: Mellouli L, Karray-Rebai I, Sioud S, Ben Ameur-Mehdi R, Naili B, Bejar S
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Streptomyces luozhongensis sp. nov., a novel actinomycete with antifungal activity and antibacterial activity.
- Authors: Zhang R, Han X, Xia Z, Luo X, Wan C, Zhang L
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Streptomyces amritsarensis sp. nov., exhibiting broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity.
- Authors: Sharma D, Mayilraj S, Manhas RK
- Issue date: 2014 May