Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsAnoumedem, Elodie Gisèle M
Mountessou, Bel Youssouf G
Kouam, Simeon F
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo new tetracyclic polyketides with a spirocenter, simplicilones A (1) and B (2) were isolated from the broth-culture of the endophytic fungus Simplicilliumsubtropicum (SPC3) in the course of our screening for new bioactive secondary metabolites. This endophytoic fungus is naturally harboured in the fresh bark of the Cameroonian medicinal plant Duguetia staudtii (Engl. and Diels) Chatrou. The planar structures of the simplicilones were elucidated by MS and 1D as well as 2D NMR spectroscopic techniques. The relative configuration was assigned by NOESY experiments in conjunction with coupling constants; subsequently, the absolute configurations were assigned by the modified Mosher's method. The compounds showed weak cytotoxic effects against the cell line KB3.1 (in vitro cytotoxicity (IC50) = 25 µg/mL for 1, 29 µg/mL for 2), but were inactive against the tested Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria as well as fungi.
CitationAntibiotics (Basel). 2020 Oct 29;9(11):E753. doi: 10.3390/antibiotics9110753.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalAntibiotics (Basel, Switzerland)
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Muyocopronones A and B: azaphilones from the endophytic fungus Muyocopron laterale.
- Authors: Nakashima KI, Tomida J, Tsuboi T, Kawamura Y, Inoue M
- Issue date: 2020
- Polyketide Derivatives from Mangrove Derived Endophytic Fungus Pseudopestalotiopsis theae.
- Authors: Yu X, Müller WEG, Meier D, Kalscheuer R, Guo Z, Zou K, Umeokoli BO, Liu Z, Proksch P
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 23
- Two new alkaloids from the endophytic fungus Schizophyllum sp. HM230 isolated from Vincetoxicum mongolicum Maxim.
- Authors: Li Z, Zhang BW, Jiang L, Wang H, Ma QY, Wang HF, Zhang J, Chen FL, Zhao YX, Luo DQ
- Issue date: 2023 Feb 10
- Highly oxygenated polyketides produced by Trichoderma koningiopsis QA-3, an endophytic fungus obtained from the fresh roots of the medicinal plant Artemisia argyi.
- Authors: Shi XS, Li HL, Li XM, Wang DJ, Li X, Meng LH, Zhou XW, Wang BG
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Expanding the chemical diversity of an endophytic fungus Bulgaria inquinans, an ascomycete associated with mistletoe, through an OSMAC approach.
- Authors: Ariantari NP, Daletos G, Mándi A, Kurtán T, Müller WEG, Lin W, Ancheeva E, Proksch P
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 8