Dudomycins: New Secondary Metabolites Produced After Heterologous Expression of an Nrps Cluster from ssp. Nrrl B-24108.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Estévez, Marta Rodríguez
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSince the 1950s, natural products of bacterial origin were systematically developed to be used as drugs with a wide range of medical applications. The available treatment options for many diseases are still not satisfying, wherefore, the discovery of new structures has not lost any of its importance. Beyond the great variety of already isolated and characterized metabolites, Streptomycetes still harbor uninvestigated gene clusters whose products can be accessed using heterologous expression in host organisms. This works presents the discovery of a set of structurally novel secondary metabolites, dudomycins A to D, through the expression of a cryptic NRPS cluster from Streptomyces albus ssp. Chlorinus NRRL B-24108 in the heterologous host strain Streptomyces albus Del14. A minimal set of genes, required for the production of dudomycins, was defined through gene inactivation experiments. This paper also proposes a model for dudomycin biosynthesis.
CitationMicroorganisms. 2020 Nov 16;8(11):1800. doi: 10.3390/microorganisms8111800.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Bonsecamin: A New Cyclic Pentapeptide Discovered through Heterologous Expression of a Cryptic Gene Cluster.
- Authors: Lasch C, Stierhof M, Estévez MR, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 31
- Identification and Heterologous Expression of the Albucidin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain Streptomyces Albus Subsp. Chlorinus NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Stierhof M, Petzke L, Seiser T, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 10
- Heterologous Expression of the Nybomycin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain Streptomyces albus subsp. chlorinus NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Myronovskyi M, Gummerlich N, Nadmid S, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 4
- Benzanthric Acid, a Novel Metabolite From Streptomyces albus Del14 Expressing the Nybomycin Gene Cluster.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Gummerlich N, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2019
- Generation of a cluster-free Streptomyces albus chassis strains for improved heterologous expression of secondary metabolite clusters.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Nadmid S, Pujic P, Normand P, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep