SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing human recombinant antibodies selected from pre-pandemic healthy donors binding at RBD-ACE2 interface.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Heine, Philip Alexander
Roth, Kristian Daniel Ralph
Wenzel, Esther Veronika
Krämer, Stefan Daniel
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCOVID-19 is a severe acute respiratory disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a new recently emerged sarbecovirus. This virus uses the human ACE2 enzyme as receptor for cell entry, recognizing it with the receptor binding domain (RBD) of the S1 subunit of the viral spike protein. We present the use of phage display to select anti-SARS-CoV-2 spike antibodies from the human naïve antibody gene libraries HAL9/10 and subsequent identification of 309 unique fully human antibodies against S1. 17 antibodies are binding to the RBD, showing inhibition of spike binding to cells expressing ACE2 as scFv-Fc and neutralize active SARS-CoV-2 virus infection of VeroE6 cells. The antibody STE73-2E9 is showing neutralization of active SARS-CoV-2 as IgG and is binding to the ACE2-RBD interface. Thus, universal libraries from healthy human donors offer the advantage that antibodies can be generated quickly and independent from the availability of material from recovering patients in a pandemic situation.
CitationNat Commun. 2021 Mar 11;12(1):1577. doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-21609-2.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Bi-paratopic and multivalent VH domains block ACE2 binding and neutralize SARS-CoV-2.
- Authors: Bracken CJ, Lim SA, Solomon P, Rettko NJ, Nguyen DP, Zha BS, Schaefer K, Byrnes JR, Zhou J, Lui I, Liu J, Pance K, QCRG Structural Biology Consortium., Zhou XX, Leung KK, Wells JA
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Neutralizing Human Antibodies against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Isolated from a Human Synthetic Fab Phage Display Library.
- Authors: Kim YJ, Lee MH, Lee SR, Chung HY, Kim K, Lee TG, Kim DY
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 15
- Epitope Classification and RBD Binding Properties of Neutralizing Antibodies Against SARS-CoV-2 Variants of Concern.
- Authors: Deshpande A, Harris BD, Martinez-Sobrido L, Kobie JJ, Walter MR
- Issue date: 2021
- Rapid production of SARS-CoV-2 receptor binding domain (RBD) and spike specific monoclonal antibody CR3022 in Nicotiana benthamiana.
- Authors: Rattanapisit K, Shanmugaraj B, Manopwisedjaroen S, Purwono PB, Siriwattananon K, Khorattanakulchai N, Hanittinan O, Boonyayothin W, Thitithanyanont A, Smith DR, Phoolcharoen W
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 19
- RBD-Fc-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate induces highly potent SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody response.
- Authors: Liu Z, Xu W, Xia S, Gu C, Wang X, Wang Q, Zhou J, Wu Y, Cai X, Qu D, Ying T, Xie Y, Lu L, Yuan Z, Jiang S
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 27