Kibdelosporangium persicum sp. nov., a new member of the Actinomycetes from a hot desert in Iran.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIsolate 4NS15T was isolated from a neglected arid habitat in Kerman, Iran. The strain showed 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values of 98.9 % to the type strains of Kibdelosporangium aridum subsp. aridum, Kibdelosporangium phytohabitans and Kibdelosporangium philippinense and 98.6 % to the type strain K. aridum subsp. largum, respectively. Genome-based phylogenetic analysis revealed that isolate 4NS15T is closely related to Kibdelosporangium aridum subsp. aridum DSM 43828T. The digital DNA-DNA hybridization value between the genome sequences of 4NS15T and strain DSM 43828T is 29.8 %. Strain 4NS15T produces long chains of spores without a sporangium-like structure which can be distinguished from other Kibdelosporangium species. Isolate 4NS15T has a genome size of 10.35 Mbp with a G+C content of 68.1 mol%. Whole-cell hydrolysates of isolate 4NS15T are rich in meso-diaminopimelic acid and cell-wall sugars such as arabinose, galactose, glucose and ribose. Major fatty acids (>10 %) are C16 : 0, iso-C16 : 0 and iso-C15 : 0. The phospholipid profile contains diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylhydroxyethanolamine, aminolipid and glycoaminolipid. The predominant menaquinone is MK-9(H4). Based on its phenotypic and genotypic characteristics, isolate 4NS15T (NCCB 100701=CIP 111705=DSM 110728) merits recognition as representing a novel species of the genus Kibdelosporangium, for which the name Kibdelosporangium persicum sp. nov. is proposed.
CitationInt J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2021 Feb;71(2). doi: 10.1099/ijsem.0.004625.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.;HIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Description of Kibdelosporangium banguiense sp. nov., a novel actinomycete isolated from soil of the forest of Pama, on the plateau of Bangui, Central African Republic.
- Authors: Pascual J, González I, Estévez M, Benito P, Trujillo ME, Genilloud O
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Kibdelosporangium lantanae sp. nov., isolated from the rhizosphere soil of an ornamental plant, Lantana camara L.
- Authors: Li D, Huang Y, Song S, Xue C, Wu Y, Deng X
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Kibdelosporangium metalli sp. nov., isolated from a rare earth mine.
- Authors: Cao YR, Yang WQ, Dao Y, Hu B, He ZK, Liang LM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Streptosporangium becharense sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from desert soil.
- Authors: Chaabane Chaouch F, Bouras N, Mokrane S, Zitouni A, Schumann P, Spröer C, Sabaou N, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Amycolatopsis oliviviridis sp. nov., a novel polylactic acid-bioplastic-degrading actinomycete isolated from paddy soil.
- Authors: Penkhrue W, Sujarit K, Kudo T, Ohkuma M, Masaki K, Aizawa T, Pathom-Aree W, Khanongnuch C, Lumyong S
- Issue date: 2018 May