Streptomyces bathyalis sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from the sponge in a deep sea.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Hahnke, Richard L
Schupp, Peter J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel actinobacterium, designated ASO4wetT, was isolated from the unidentified sponge (SO4) in the deep sea collected of the North Atlantic Ocean. Study of 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated that strain ASO4wetT is a member of the genus Streptomyces and showed the closest similarities to Streptomyces karpasiensis K413T (98.87 %), Streptomyces glycovorans YIM M 10366T (98.38 %), and Streptomyces abyssalis YIM M 10400T (97.53 %). Strain ASO4wetT contained MK-9(H8) as the predominant menaquinone and the major fatty acids are iso-C16:0, anteiso-C15:0, and iso-C15:0. Polyphasic taxonomy was carried out between strain ASO4wetT and its phylogenetically closely related Streptomyces strains, which further elucidated their relatedness and revealed that strain ASO4wetT could be distinguished from currently known Streptomyces species. Strain ASO4wetT clearly represents a novel species in genus Streptomyces. We propose the name Streptomyces bathyalis sp. nov., with the type strain ASO4wetT (= DSM 106605T = NCCB 100657T). Analysis of the whole-genome sequence of S. bathyalis revealed that genome size is 7,377,472 bp with 6332 coding sequences.
CitationAntonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2021 Apr;114(4):425-435. doi: 10.1007/s10482-021-01528-4. Epub 2021 Feb 17.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalAntonie van Leeuwenhoek
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Streptomyces ovatisporus sp. nov., isolated from deep marine sediment.
- Authors: Veyisoglu A, Cetin D, Inan Bektas K, Guven K, Sahin N
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Streptomyces karpasiensis sp. nov., isolated from soil.
- Authors: Veyisoglu A, Tatar D, Cetin D, Guven K, Sahin N
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Streptomyces iconiensis sp. nov. and Streptomyces smyrnaeus sp. nov., two halotolerant actinomycetes isolated from a salt lake and saltern.
- Authors: Tatar D, Guven K, Spröer C, Klenk HP, Sahin N
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Streptomyces zhihengii sp. nov., isolated from rhizospheric soil of Psammosilene tunicoides.
- Authors: Huang MJ, Fei JJ, Salam N, Kim CJ, Hozzein WN, Xiao M, Huang HQ, Li WJ
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Streptomyces polaris sp. nov. and Streptomyces septentrionalis sp. nov., isolated from frozen soil.
- Authors: Kamjam M, Nopnakorn P, Zhang L, Peng F, Deng Z, Hong K
- Issue date: 2019 Mar