The impact of hepatitis B surface antigen on natural killer cells in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Anastasiou, Olympia E
Björkström, Niklas K
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCompared to the healthy controls, a reshaping of NK cell pool towards more CD56bright NK cells was observed during CHB infection. Importantly, NK cells in patients with low HBsAg levels (<100 IU/mL) displayed an activated phenotype with increased expression of activation makers CD38, granzyme B and proliferation marker Ki-67 while presenting with defective functional responses (MIP-1β, CD107a) at the same time. Furthermore, NK cell activation was negatively correlated with patient HBsAg levels while NK function correlated with patient age.
CitationLiver Int. 2021 Apr 1. doi: 10.1111/liv.14885. Epub ahead of print.
AffiliationCSSB, Centre for Structural Systembiologie, Notkestr.85, 22607 Hamburg. Germany.
JournalLiver international : official journal of the International Association for the Study of the Liver
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Natural Killer Cell Characteristics in Patients With Chronic Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Infection Are Associated With HBV Surface Antigen Clearance After Combination Treatment With Pegylated Interferon Alfa-2a and Adefovir.
- Authors: Stelma F, de Niet A, Tempelmans Plat-Sinnige MJ, Jansen L, Takkenberg RB, Reesink HW, Kootstra NA, van Leeuwen EM
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 1
- Intrahepatic natural killer cell activation, but not function, is associated with HBsAg levels in patients with HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B.
- Authors: Tjwa ET, Zoutendijk R, van Oord GW, Biesta PJ, Verheij J, Janssen HL, Woltman AM, Boonstra A
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- HBsAg stimulates NKG2D receptor expression on natural killer cells and inhibits hepatitis C virus replication.
- Authors: Wang XX, Pan XB, Han JC, Cong X, Jin Q, Kong XS, Wei L, Feng B
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- CD56<sup>bright</sup> natural killer cells induce HBsAg reduction via cytolysis and cccDNA decay in long-term entecavir-treated patients switching to peginterferon alfa-2a.
- Authors: Shi A, Zhang X, Xiao F, Zhu L, Yan W, Han M, Luo X, Chen T, Ning Q
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Recovery of circulating CD56<sup>dim</sup> NK cells and the balance of Th17/Treg after nucleoside analog therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis B and low levels of HBsAg.
- Authors: Liu N, Liu B, Zhang L, Li H, Chen Z, Luo A, Chen M, Peng M, Yin W, Ren H, Hu P
- Issue date: 2018 Sep